Foundation / Corporation
MTV and Staying Alive Foundation (SAF)
01/19/18 12:00 PM GMT
Grants of up to $12,000 per year to USA, Territories, Canada, and International small grassroots nonprofits that are led by youth between the ages of fifteen and twenty seven who are working to prevent HIV in their local communities in innovative ways. The funding source is interested in organizations that are start-ups and do not have much support - financial or otherwise. Organizations that have little or no existing funding to date are more likely to be funded than those with several funders on board.
Grants will be awarded to small, youth-led organizations that:
- Are entirely led by young people under the age of twenty seven.
- Are community-based, grassroots organizations.
- Educate and/or give out responsible and accurate information about HIV and AIDS targeted at young people in their communities.
- Eliminate or alleviate the stigma and discrimination associated with HIV and AIDS.
- Encourage young people to take concrete action to protect themselves from HIV infection.
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity in their activities.
- Reflect and honor the culture in which the project operates.
The Foundation is particularly, but not exclusively, looking to fund organizations who work with key at risk populations, including adolescent girls, LGBTs, sex workers, prisoners and injecting drug users.
All Staying Alive Foundation grant applicants must agree to allow the Staying Alive Foundation and MTV to promote and publicize their projects. The Foundation will use compelling grantee stories to inspire other young people.
GrantWatch ID#: 160971
A Staying Alive Foundation grant comes with a financial grant of up to $12,000 per year, Staying Alive training materials (including MTV Staying Alive programming and teaching kits), a small fund to buy technical media equipment, a local mentor, a personal grant manager, as well as training and development.
Grants will be awarded to small, youth-led organizations that are entirely led by young people under the age of twenty seven.
SAF supports and encourages projects from anywhere in the world.
The Foundation will not fund:
- Organizations that work with young people but which are not led entirely by young people.
- Scholarships or college fees.
- Doctoral or other research.
- Projects that discriminate against people because of religion, sex, race, disability or sexual orientation.
- Projects that focus only on abstinence as a means of controlling the spread of HIV.
- Projects with budgets that primarily reflect a focus on capital expenditure, eg erecting buildings, creating physical infrastructure (schools, orphanages, community centers, etc) or purchasing of major equipment (such as vehicles.
- Projects with a primary focus on delivering health care, shelter, food security or other non-education focused development initiatives.
The call for applications is now open. The deadline for submission is January 19, 2018 at 12pm GMT. If successful at stage 1, applicants will be invited to submit a more detailed application. Final grant winners will be announced in July 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click on one of the links below to apply online:
- English First Stage Applications: http://www.mtvstayingalive.org/mtv-staying-alive-foundation-2018-grants-application-form-round-1/
- Spanish First Stage Applications: http://www.mtvstayingalive.org/formulario-de-solicitud-de-subvenciones-de-la-mtv-staying-alive-foundation-2018-primera-etapa/
- French First Stage Applications: http://www.mtvstayingalive.org/formulaire-de-demande-de-subventions-mtv-staying-alive-foundation-2018-1ier-tour/
If you have any questions please contact MTV and Staying Alive Foundation (SAF) at email@example.com.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.