Foundation / Corporation
viaSport and Bearpark Foundation
08/15/18 11:59 PM PST
Grants of up to $250 to British Columbia athletic coaches to support coaching education and professional development. Funding is intended to assist coaches that are female, Indigenous, coaches with a disability or coaches of athletes that have a disability. Funding is also available to provide incentives for high-performance coaches.
The Bob Bearpark Bursary Awards, founded by the Coaches Association of BC and funded by the Bearpark Foundation, support high performance coaches, female coaches, aboriginal coaches, coaches of athletes with a disability and coaches with a disability.
Applicants may apply to one of the following two bursary funds:
1. Equity and Access
These funds are intended to assist coaches from the following population groups: female coaches, Indigenous coaches, coaches of athletes with a disability and coaches with a disability.
2. High Performance Coach Education
These bursaries are intended to provide incentive and assistance for high performance coaches looking to upgrade their coaching qualifications (eg. training, certification) through the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP).
Eligible costs can include course registration fees, course materials, evaluation fees, and travel if necessary.
GrantWatch ID#: 161131
The maximum funds available to any one recipient is $250.
Courses and events occurring between April 1, 2018, and October 31, 2018, are eligible.
Who can apply:
- Female coaches
- Indigenous Coaches
- Coaches of athletes with a disability, or coaches with adisability
- High performance coaches looking to upgrade their coaching qualifications (eg. training, certification) through the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)
- Applicant must be completing an NCCP multi-sport or sport-specific coach training course or certification evaluation between April 1st, 2018 and October 31st, 2018
- Applicant must be a B.C. resident (for at least twelve months.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 at 11:59pm PST.
Only one application per person will be accepted.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Canada: British Columbia