Foundation / Corporation
09/15/18 11:59 PM CT
Grants ranging from $500 to $6,000 to multiple USA states and Puerto Rico nonprofit organizations, schools, libraries, and units of government in eligible communities for mentor-based robotics programs and competitions. Priority is given to teams that demonstrate diversity, such as female-led teams, economically diverse teams, or racially or gender diverse teams.
Teams for the following may apply: FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC), FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC), FIRST LEGO League (FLL) and FIRST LEGO League Junior (FLL Jr.) teams for K to 12th-grade students.
The Monsanto Fund's mission is to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders by engaging them in exciting mentor-based programs that build the skills needed, inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership.
GrantWatch ID#: 161198
- A FRC Rookie Team can apply for a $6,000 grant
- A FRC Veteran Team can apply for a $5,000 grant
- A FTC Team can apply for a $1,500 grant
- A FLL Team can apply for a $500 grant
- A FLL Junior Team can apply for a $500 grant
This program provides one-year grant commitments only.
Eligible applicants include:
- School districts or organizations who hold a 501c3 tax exempt status and have been operating as a 501c3 for a minimum of two years
- School districts or organizations who are units of government under Section 170c(1), such as public schools, libraries, villages, and municipalities.
- Organizations must be located within 30 miles of one of the eligible site communities. See the online application preview in Pre-Application Information for a list of eligible communities.
What kinds of teams will be considered for funding?
- FRC Rookie Teams (first year FIRST teams)
- FRC Veteran Teams
- FTC Teams
- FIRST LEGO League Teams (FLL)
- FIRST LEGO League Junior Teams (FLL Jr)
What types of requests are not eligible for FIRST Robotics grants?
- Teams that are not yet registered through FIRST as an official team.
- Activities that directly support Monsanto Company marketing programs
- Projects in which the Monsanto Company has a financial interest or could derive a financial benefit through cash or rights to intellectual property
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, creed, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or national origin
An information teleconference will take place on Thursday, August 30 from 3-4pm Central Daylight Time (CDT). Monsanto Fund will provide a program overview and then open the phone lines to take questions from grant seekers. After registering, you will receive an email confirmation with the dial-in numbers for the call.
The application period begins August 15 and closes September 15 at 11:59:59pm Central Time (CT). Grant decisions will be communicated by email in November.
FIRST Robotics applications are accepted on an invitation only basis. To apply, applicants must obtain the invitation code from the Monsanto site contact in the team’s local community. If you do not have a contact at the Monsanto site, you may submit a summary of your team and select your eligible site community through the “Request a Code” link on the FAQs page, or the Contact Us page below. The Monsanto Site contact will get back to you with a response if they are interested in inviting your team to apply.
All grant funds will be provided directly to FIRST and applied to the appropriate team account. Once payment has been made for any competition fees, teams can request a regrant from FIRST through their standard process to utilize any remaining funds.
Information on registering with FIRST: https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/youth-team-member-consent-and-release-form
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit a summary of your team to receive an invitation code through the Contact Us page: https://monsanto-fund.squarespace.com/contact-us
RSVP to attend an information teleconference: Grant.Questions@Monsanto.com
800-871-8326, Option “0”
800 N. Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63167
Tel (+1) 314-694-1000
Eligible communities: https://monsanto-fund.squarespace.com/contact-us
USA: Alabama; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Florida; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Louisiana; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; New Mexico; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Washington; Wisconsin
USA Territories: Puerto Rico (USA)