Foundation / Corporation
In-kind grants to USA nonprofit hospitals and medical transportation organizations for complimentary roundtrip airline tickets to distribute to deserving chronically or terminally ill patients and their caregivers who must travel for medical appointments or treatments.
Southwest allows participating organizations the freedom to determine how to distribute the tickets to patients and/or their caregivers.
Travel donations are to be given to patients and/or their caregivers who are seeking specialized medical treatment at hospitals because it is not offered at their hometown community hospital.
GrantWatch ID#: 161504
USA nonprofit hospitals and medical transportation organizations are eligible.
Tickets granted are for patients and/or their caregivers for medical-related travel only, not for staff travel or fundraising purposes.
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, political affiliate, pregnancy, union membership, or other legally protected status, except as permitted by law
- International organizations
- Individuals, including but not limited to (i) individuals fundraising on behalf of a nonprofit or cause (ii) participants raising money through sporting event or charity races, (iii) participants in pageants or contests, (iv) individuals seeking assistance for personal travel (e.g., travel to conferences, training or learning programs, reunions/anniversaries, mission trips, races, contests, competitions,) and (v) scholarships
- Religious organizations, labor or political organizations, and fraternal or membership organizations
- Government entities
- Schools including public or private daycare facilities, nursery schools, preschools, elementary/middle/grade/jr. high/sr. high schools, community colleges, and universities
- Federal or corporate United Way campaigns
- Bachelor/bachelorette auction events and beauty, talent, or fashion contests or pageants
- Individuals seeking travel for medical reasons or funerals (Please refer to our Medical Transportation Grant Program for information on assistance for Families Facing Serious Illness.)
- Team or Group travel to competitions, tournaments, playoffs, etc.
- Family reunions
- Organizations requesting funds for endowments, loans, debt reduction, website development, or marketing sponsorship
- Donor advised funds, private foundations, and personal trusts
- Organizations requesting tickets for use in an online auction
- Organizations requesting tickets for use in incentive or appreciation events where tickets will be given to individuals in recognition of participation, goals achieved, or dollars raised including for use in door prizes or membership drives
Southwest Airlines is now accepting applications for the 2018 Medical Transportation Grant Program. Hospitals and medical transportation organizations interested in applying for 2018 MTGP must apply online by September 30.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: http://www.cybergrants.com/pls/cybergrants/quiz.display_question?x_gm_id=5058&x_quiz_id=7206&x_order_by=1
Contact through the website at: http://bit.ly/1uHYu8u
P.O. Box 36647-1CR
Dallas, Texas 75235
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming