Grants of up to $60,000 per year to Canada nonprofits for community programs and networks designed to increase protective factors in girls ages nine to thirteen – such as confidence, critical thinking skills, social connectedness, and overall resilience. Organizations can apply for one of the following types of grants:
1. Girls programs involving weekly programming for girls: up to fourteen grants will be made to organizations focused on delivering programs to girls between the ages of nine and thirteen, using one or more of the following approaches:
- Science and technology
- Physical literacy and sports
- Leadership and empowerment
- Media literacy
- Aboriginal culture and teaching
- Girls programs are generally held at least once a week
- Girls’ program grants will range from $25,000 to $40,000 annually for a 4-year period.
2. Girls group mentoring involving formal mentoring, matching small groups of girls with one mentor or team of mentors. The ratio of mentors to girls is usually one mentor to three or four girls. One-on-one mentoring will not be considered. Up to fourteen grants will be made in this category. Girls group mentoring program grants will range from $25,000 to $40,000 annually for a 4-year period.
3. Combined Grant - Girls Program and Girls Group Mentoring Program: Some of the twenty-eight grants can be made to organizations that want to deliver both a girls program and a girls group mentoring program. These two programs must be distinct from each other, with the mentoring program including formal matched relationships between participants and mentors. The two programs can serve the same group of girls or can serve different groups of girls.
A combined grant for girls program and girls group mentoring can be up to a maximum of $60,000 annually for a 4-year period.
4. Network Activities: One to three grants will be made to organizations that are striving to develop networks and strengthen connections between girls’ programs and girl-serving organizations focusing on one of the following populations:
- Northern communities
- Girls with disabilities
Or one of the following issue areas related to girls:
- Gender diversity
- Mental health
These grants will be up to $40,000 annually for a 4-year period.
Number of Grants:
Estimated Size of Grant:
Up to four years.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates / changes / addendums / conferences / LOIs.