Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo - Niagara Area Foundation (NAF)
10/16/17 4:00 PM
Grants of up to $10,000 to Niagara County, New York nonprofit organizations for activities that address identified needs and positively impact the local community. Funding is intended for the areas of health, human services, arts, civic needs, community development, education, and environment.
Preference will be given to grant applications that have the greatest impact on positive youth development and demonstrate collaboration with other organizations.
GrantWatch ID#: 161711
- The historical average for a competitive grant through this process is approximately $6,000.
- The maximum grant available through the NAF competitive process is $10,000.
- Should an organization be requesting more than $10,000, they must contact the Foundation in advance to discuss their application.
NAF requires all grants be closed out within one year of receipt of funds.
Grants are awarded only to organizations that have current Section 501(c)(3) status as determined by the Internal Revenue Service.
NAF will not consider funding:
- Higher education scholarships (separate application, deadlines, and process)
- Religious purposes
- Projects for residents of other counties. Funding must support Niagara County residents only
- Schools not registered with the New York State Education Department
- Attendance at or sponsorship of fundraising events for organizations
- Annual events or festivals
- Any partisan political activity. Funds from the NAF cannot be used to support or oppose a candidate for political office.
- Projects and activities that have occurred. The NAF will not, except in extraordinary cases, provide payment or reimbursement for expenses incurred prior to the funding decision being communicated to the applicant.
Grant applications must be submitted online by 4:00 PM on October 16, 2017.
Notification will be in mid-December 2017.
Applicants requesting more than $10,000 must contact the Foundation in advance to discuss their application.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
Questions may be directed to Darren Penoyer at 716-852-2857, x 206 or email@example.com.
USA: New York: Niagara County