Awards of $500 to Manitoba K-12 educators to recognize those whose educational methods have had a significant impact on student learning. Eligible educators may be nominated by students, colleagues, school administrators, school division administrators, trustees, and parents or legal guardians. Nominators should have direct knowledge of the nominee's contribution.
Awards are presented in the following categories:
Teaching Excellence Award
- The nominees must have completed a minimum of two years of teaching as of June 2017 in a Manitoba school. These teachers demonstrate an exemplary professional practice and a contagious enthusiasm for learning.
Outstanding New Teacher Award
- The nominees must have a maximum of two years of teaching experience as of June 2017. These new teachers distinguish themselves by their enthusiasm, their dynamism and their ability to inspire students and colleagues.
Outstanding Team Collaboration Award
- The nominated team must consist of two or three educators. These educators demonstrate a remarkable collaborative effort while spearheading an exceptional initiative that fosters student learning and engagement.
Outstanding School Leader Award
-The nominees must be principals or vice-principals. These passionate administrators are able to bring out the best in students and staff in order to create a stimulating learning environment in which each individual can thrive.
Premier’s Award for Excellence in Education
- The recipient of this award will be selected from among all the nominees for the above-mentioned categories. This educator distinguishes himself/herself by his/her most remarkable contribution to student learning and engagement.
GrantWatch ID#: 161720
Each award recipient will receive a certificate and a $500 cash award.
At the time of nomination, all nominees must be educators with a valid, permanent Manitoba Teaching Certificate and work directly with Kindergarten to Grade 12 students in a school setting on a daily basis.
The nominator or the endorser must be an educator from the nominee's school personnel or an administrator from the school division.
Immediate family members of the nominee cannot provide any supporting document for the nomination package. Self-nominations will not be accepted. A nominee may only be nominated in one category. An educator who has already received an award is not eligible in the same category.
Nomination package documents must be submitted no later than December 1, 2017. Please note that the forms must be completed electronically.
The nominator is responsible to coordinate the nomination process as follows:
- identify a nominee
- write a nomination text
- identify an endorser such as a colleague, parent, administrator, etc. who will endorse the nomination and provide a second nomination text
- obtain a photocopy of the award nominee’s valid, permanent Manitoba teaching certificate
- complete the Award Nomination Form and obtain signatures from the endorser and the nominee after they have reviewed the content of the nomination package
- ask the nominee’s immediate supervisor (principal) to complete the Nomination Support Form by the Supervisor. In the case of the nomination of a principal, the immediate supervisor is the superintendent or assistant superintendent. Note: This form is not required if the immediate supervisor is the nominator or endorser.
Nominators must ensure that all nomination package documents are submitted to the selection committee by the deadline.
Nomination Process: http://www.edu.gov.mb.ca/k12/excellence/nomination.html
Nomination Package Documents: http://www.edu.gov.mb.ca/k12/excellence/forms.html
Nomination Tips: http://www.edu.gov.mb.ca/k12/excellence/tips.html
Downloading Form Tips: http://www.edu.gov.mb.ca/k12/excellence/suggestions.html
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit nomination package documents:
Manitoba’s Excellence in Education Awards
Manitoba Education and Training
509 – 1181 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3G 0T3
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By fax: 204-945-1625
Jeannette Aubin, Administration Officer
Toll-Free: 1-800-282-8069, ext. 6263
Maude Plourde, Administration Officer
Toll-Free: 1-800-282-8069, ext. 6915