Foundation / Corporation
Samsung and NEPRIS and Project Lead The Way (PLTW)
11/09/17 11:59 PM ET
In-kind technology grants valued at $25,000 and higher to USA 6th to 12th-grade pubic school teachers for projects that will raise interest and performance in science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM) subjects. Projects must use STEAM subjects to help their community.
GrantWatch ID#: 161778
225 State Finalists, 51 State Winners, 10 National Finalists, and 3 National Winners.
- National Winners: Each national winner team gets $150,000 in Samsung technology. The Community Choice winner gets an additional $20,000 in Samsung technology for their school.
- National Finalists: All 10 national finalist teams get $50,000 in Samsung technology for their school. Also, all teams get to attend the Pitch Event to present their working prototypes to our panel of judges.
- State Winners: All 51 winning teams will receive $25,000 in Samsung technology for their schools.
- State Finalists: All 255 teams that advance to state finals will receive a Samsung Galaxy Tab.
The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older and currently employed as full-time teachers in a public Middle School, Junior High School, or High School, grades 6-12, including Charter Schools that are 50% or more publicly funded. Home School, privately funded Charter School (Iess than 50% publicly funded), Private School, College or University teachers are not eligible to participate or win.
Employees of Samsung:
Electronics America, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Cohen-Friedberg Associates, LLC ("Administrator"), and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, retailers, distributors and suppliers (collectively the "Contest Entities"), and the immediate families (spouse, parents, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and individuals living in the same households of any of the foregoing individuals, whether or not related, are ineligible to participate or win a prize. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- September 14 - November 9, 2017: Teachers from across the country complete the Solve for Tomorrow online application.
- November 22 - December 6, 2017: Samsung announces 255 state finalists selected to submit an Activity Plan that lays out how they will improve their community using STEAM. Plans are due December 6, 2017.
- December 13, 2017 - February 13, 2018: Samsung announces 51 state winners (total including the District of Columbia). Each school receives $25K in technology and a technology kit to produce their presentation video.
- March 1 - 25, 2018: Samsung announces 10 national finalists to receive $50K in school technology and a trip to the Pitch Event. Online voting for the Community Choice winner begins.
- Early April: 10 national finalists present their prototype to a panel of judges. Samsung announces 3 national winners who will each receive a $150K technology grant for their school, plus a Community Choice winner who will receive an additional $15K in technology for their school.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming