Foundation / Corporation
Greater Manhattan Community Foundation (GMCF)
Grants to Manhattan, Kansas nonprofits and government agencies for programs that offer positive, accessible extracurricular activities for community youth. Preference will be given to applicants that have professional staff administering the grant. Proposals should be coordinated with USD 383.
Preference will be shown to proposals that meet the following:
- Make use of KSU College of Education volunteers.
- Take place in the afternoon after-school period (3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- Emphasize mentoring.
- Include transportation for participants or are sited at the school itself.
- Include family participation with the students.
- Reach youth not involved in other activities.
- Reach the maximum number of youth for the dollars requested.
- At least one-half of the population served by YES! Fund monies should be low-income populations.
- Include provision for youth who cannot pay fees or provide equipment required by the program.
GrantWatch ID#: 161823
All grant recipients must be exempt from federal tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or a qualified government entity.
Click here for more information: http://www.mcfks.org/apply-for-a-grant.cfm
YES! Fund Grant application acceptance is September 5 - October 6, 2017.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_2118?SA=SNA&FID=35011
Vernon J. Henricks, President/CEO
Elaine Dhuyvetter, Vice President, Marketing and Programs
Marla Brandon, Vice President of Finance
General Contact Information:
The Greater Manhattan Community Foundation
555 Poyntz, Suite 269
PO Box 1127
Manhattan, KS 66505-1127
USA: Kansas: Manhattan