Foundation / Corporation
10/09/19 5:00 PM
Grants starting at $10,000 to California nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, and government units to improve information and communications resources for State residents with disabilities. A letter of inquiry is required prior to submission of a full application.
For a project to be considered it must address one of the following areas:
- Training AT and AAC Professionals: Supporting projects that build capacity and skills of professionals (specialists & general care providers)
- Facilitating Research and Innovation: Supporting organizations in the collection and evaluation of data on a service or target population or the development and testing of new technologies and services
- Collaboration and Exchange: Fostering collaboration and exchange to share successful models and strengthen networks
- Organizational Capacity Building (Pilot): Supporting previous grantees to build capacity through planning and leadership development
In addition to project-related operating costs, Ability Central allows applicants to include up to 15% of their request to be used for general operating costs in their budget. Additional general operating costs that exceed the 15% limit may be used to satisfy the match (if applicable).
DCF’s grant support is project-based. It is intended for projects (with a finite start & end date) or as seed and pilot support for new programs.
GrantWatch ID#: 161912
Priorities and request amounts:
- Training AT & AAC Professionals: $10,000 -$100,000
- Facilitating Research & Innovation: 12 months: $10,000 - $100,000, 24 months: up to $150,000, 36 months: up to $200,000
- Collaboration & Exchange: 12 months: $10,000 - $100,000, 24 months: up to $150,000, 36 months: up to $200,000
- Organizational Capacity Building (Pilot): $10,000 - $50,000
- Small Grants Program (applicable to all Priorities): $10,000 - $20,000
The default grant period will be January 1 - December 31, 2020, to complete proposed activities. An alternate grant period may be requested for well-justified reasons. Current and past grantees are eligible to apply for two- and three-year support under the “Research & Innovation”, and “Collaboration & Exchange” priorities.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=ccaf
Ability Central Philanthropy Team