Foundation / Corporation
Foundation For The Carolinas (FFTC) - The Cole (Richmond County) Foundation
05/10/19 12:00 PM Noon
Grants to North Carolina nonprofit organizations, government agencies, educational institutions, and congregations for capital support and programs that benefit residents of Richmond County. Funding is available for the focus areas of arts and culture, human services, recreation, economic development, and K-12 and post-secondary education.
Program grants: Priority will be given to local proposals that evidence volunteer leadership and grassroots participation and financial support. Projects will be evaluated on the basis of:
- Feasibility in terms of leadership and plan
- Significance in terms of the importance of the issue being addressed
- The project’s potential for success
Capital grants for land, buildings, and equipment: Priority will be given to proposals that demonstrate an organizational commitment in terms of leadership, financial support, and other resources. Priority will be given to “challenge grants” whereby other donors make matching gifts.
GrantWatch ID#: 161995
Grants are one year in duration.
Eligible applicants and projects:
- Grants must be awarded to eligible organizations including 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, congregations, governmental and educational institutions for projects that will serve the residents of Richmond County, NC. If the organization conducting the project is not an eligible organization, a grant can be applied for under the fiscal sponsorship of an eligible organization.
- The applicants may be existing organizations, coalitions of organizations, or new organizations. If organizations have been in existence past the seed stage, the proposals must be outside the realm of possible inclusion in the regular ongoing operating budget.
- A project or program must have potential continuity through other funding sources in future years.
Ineligible areas and projects:
- Ongoing operating budgets
- Endowment funds
- Grants individuals (e.g. scholarships, hardship)
- Publication of books
- Conferences and travel
- Capital campaign requests
- Debt retirement/deficit funding
- Duplication of existing programs or services by new organizations
- Endowment funds
- Projects that are typically the funding responsibility of federal, state, or local government
- Projects that promote political or religious views
- Political or lobbying activities
- Sponsorships or fundraisers
- Application opening: 4/01/2019
- Application deadline: 5/10/2019 12:00 PM (noon)
Grant details: https://fftcgrants.communityforce.com/Funds/Search.aspx
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application form: https://fftcgrants.communityforce.com/Login.aspx?7861726F417A39587757633D
For questions about the application, please contact Katie Russell at email@example.com.
Brian Collier, Executive Vice President
Foundation for The Carolinas
220 N. Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
Fund ID 0998
USA: North Carolina: Richmond County