Foundation / Corporation
Foundation For The Carolinas (FFTC) - York County Community Foundation (YCCF) Endowment Fund and York County Environmental and Conservation Endowment Fund
03/29/19 12:00 PM EST
Grants to York County, South Carolina nonprofit organizations, governmental and educational institutions, and congregations to strengthen the local community. Funding areas are K-12 education, environment, arts and culture, health, and human services. Funding is intended to support projects that provide quality services and address local needs.
Community investment guidelines:
To decide how to invest the limited dollars of the Foundation, the Board will look for effective programs and strategies that strive to support the investment areas listed above. The success of a grant is predicted by reviewing the expected results of the proposal and results tracking approaches. Programs that are capable of attaining measurable results will receive higher consideration. Grant requests are reviewed with the following questions in mind:
- What results will the Foundation be investing in?
- What are the chances of these results?
- Is this the best possible use of money?
GrantWatch ID#: 162000
In 2018 grant awards ranged from $700 to $20,000 and the most common award amount was $2,000.
Grants are one year in duration.
Grants will be awarded to eligible organizations including 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, congregations, governmental, and educational institutions for projects that will serve the residents of York County, SC. If the organization conducting the project is not an eligible organization, a grant can be applied for under the fiscal sponsorship of an eligible organization.
The following areas do not fall within York County Community Foundation’s current funding priorities:
- Capital campaign requests
- Debt retirement/deficit funding
- Direct support of individuals (e.g. scholarships, hardship)
- Duplication of existing programs or services by new organizations
- Endowment funds
- Travel and conferences
- Publication of books
- Projects that are typically the funding responsibility of federal, state or local government
- Projects that promote political or religious views
- Political or lobbying activities
- Sponsorships or fundraisers
Applications for this grant program are only accepted online using the Foundation For The Carolinas' online grant portal.
The grant cycle will open on March 4th and all completed applications must be submitted by Friday, March 29, 2019 at 12:00 PM. Please note: The online grant application system closes promptly at 12:00 PM and will not accept any late submissions.
Award and decline notifications will be made via email in May.
To see the guidelines, go to: https://fftcgrants.communityforce.com/Funds/Search.aspx then:
- Select 'York County Community Foundation' from the 'Grant Program Name' dropdown menu.
- Click on the 'Search by Eligibility' button.
- Click on the words '2019 York County Community Foundation' which are written in blue.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For the application portal, click on 'Apply' at: https://fftcgrants.communityforce.com/Funds/Search.aspx.
For questions, please contact Katie Russell, Board & Grants Specialist at email@example.com or 704.973.4559.
220 N. Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
Fund ID 0983
USA: South Carolina: York County