Foundation / Corporation
Amador Community Foundation (ACF)
Grants of up to $1,000 and grants of up to $10,000 to Amador County, California nonprofits for community projects and organizational development to make a difference in the lives and future of people in the Amador local area. Funding may be used to support education, basic needs, wellness, community, culture, environment, and animal welfare. The Amador Community Foundation places special emphasis on issues and projects that are poised to transform everyday life in Amador County.
To make the best use of available funds, projects or programs that are unique, address needs of underserved populations, are collaborative, are responsive to changing and emerging community needs, and/or are strongly community-oriented will receive the highest priority.
The Funding Source is offering two types of grants:
Opportunity projects, emerging ventures, urgent needs and other time-sensitive efforts where a small amount of money will make a big difference. Grants (formerly known as Mini-Grants) are small grants which address a wider spectrum of needs including organizational development.
Community Impact Grants:
Community Impact Grants address critical issues and opportunities in four primary areas that advance ACF’s mission and vision for Amador County. The four major program areas are:
- Investing in People: https://amadorcommunityfoundation.org/investing-in-our-people/
- Strengthening the Community: https://amadorcommunityfoundation.org/strengthening-our-community/
- Celebrating Culture: https://amadorcommunityfoundation.org/celebrating-our-culture/
- Stewarding the Environment: https://amadorcommunityfoundation.org/stewarding-our-environment/
Through its competitive grantmaking process, the Foundation prioritize opportunities with:
- Measurable Results: to partner with nonprofit organizations that create long-term solutions to creating a healthy, safe and vibrant community;
- Maximum Leverage: Organizations that give strong evidence of community support for what they propose.
Collaboration with other community organizations, including funds from other sources being used in conjunction with those proposed from the Foundation;
- Demonstrated Need: Organizations that represent and serve people and projects historically excluded from access to other funding sources;
- Innovative Ideas: projects that seek to enhance the lives and future of the people in Amador County.
GrantWatch ID#: 162055
- Opportunity Grants are not to exceed $1,000.
- Community Impact Grants are not to exceed $10,000.
Grants are only available to nonprofit organizations with 501(c)3 status.
In general, the Foundation will not consider funding:
- Concurrent or more than three consecutive grants to the same organization;
- Direct assistance to meet an individual’s personal needs;
- Annual fund-raising campaigns or special events;
- Debt reduction;
- Duplication of existing programs or services by new nonprofit organizations;
- Creation of or addition to an endowment fund or scholarship program;
- Political or religious purposes or to influence legislation or elections.
All applications must be received between January 1 and March 31st of the current year.
Foundation staff will notify all applicants of the board’s decision in writing and in a timely manner.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Contact Page: https://amadorcommunityfoundation.org/contact-us/
Amador Community Foundation
571 S. State Hwy 49
Jackson, CA 95642
USA: California: Amador County