Foundation / Corporation
Cadillac Area Community Foundation (CACF) and Cadillac - Youth Advisory Committee (YAC)
Grants of up to $1,000 to Michigan nonprofit organizations for innovative youth programming in the Cadillac area. Funding is intended for projects that identify and meet the needs and interests of local youth aged 0 to 18 to enhance youth learning, growth, and leadership in the area.
Priority will be given to areas of endeavor that reflect the following characteristics:
- Potential impact of the request and number of people who will benefit
- Imaginative and experimental approach to problem-solving
- Extent of local volunteer involvement and support for the project
- Commitment and composition of the requesting organization’s directors and staff
- Degree to which the applicant works with/compliments other organizations to eliminate duplication of services
- Organization’s fiscal responsibility and management policies
- Possibility of using the grant as seed money for matching funds from other sources
- Ability of the organization to obtain additional funding (if necessary) to implement the project
- Ability of the organization to provide ongoing funding after the term of the grant
- Develops new solutions to community challenges/needs
- Increases the effectiveness of a nonprofit’s activities
- Increases the diversity & competitiveness of the Cadillac area
- Encourages civic development and volunteerism
GrantWatch ID#: 162169
It is expected that the majority of grants will be for $1,000 or less.
Qualified applicants will be nonprofit groups and/or organizations that hold a 501c3 status, that wish to offer a program or project to benefit youth ages 0 - 18 who are residents within the Cadillac Area Public School District (CAPS)
Priority consideration will be given to applicants that: demonstrate an innovative, unique project or program for young people within Cadillac Area; identify specific needs or interests of young people, with a project or program designed to meet these needs or interests; and illustrate creative uses for grant money to enhance youth learning, leadership, and growth in the area.
Normally, grants will not be made for:
- General operating
- Support sectarian
- Political programs
- Fund-raising campaigns
- Grants to individuals
Applications are accepted September 1 through May 31.
Applications received between June and August will be reviewed by the Youth Committee in September.
Electronic grant application submission is required as well as a signed, original copy which is to be mailed.
General Grantmaking Guidelines: http://www.cadillacfoundation.org/general_grantmaking_guidelines/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
The application form can be found below.
Please call 231.775.9911 with any questions.
Cadillac Area Community Foundation
201 North Mitchell Street,
Suite 101, Cadillac, MI 49601
USA: Michigan: Cadillac Area Public School District