Foundation / Corporation
Japan Foundation, New York (JFNY)
Grants of up to $25,000 to USA nonprofit organizations and institutions to support Japanese Studies programs. Funding is intended for innovative programs promoting Japanese studies, to promote interest in Japanese studies at newer and small institutions without an established Japanese studies program or with insufficient resources or personnel, and to support institutions that face difficulties maintaining their current levels of infrastructure in the USA.
Funding may be used for:
- Full-time or part-time faculty, instructor, or staff salaries
- Travel expenses, including per diem and accommodation expenses for scholars, lecturers, and students
- Honoraria for lectures
- Research and teaching materials
- Conference and seminar related expenses, which may include venue and equipment rental fees, translation fees, and expenses toward the production or publication of proceedings. Costs for receptions, lunch and dinner, and refreshments will be given low funding priority.
- Library and digital resource support (lower priority)
Priority will be given to:
- Projects from institutions that face difficulties maintaining current levels of infrastructure
- Projects from small institutions and institutions without an established program of Japanese Studies or those that lack personnel or resources
- Projects that initiate or sustain institutional partnerships, including those in Japan
Applicants who have never received an IPS grant may be given priority over those who have received such a grant.
GrantWatch ID#: 162188
The maximum grant is $25,000.
Support in this round will be given for project activities commencing between April 1, 2020 and September 30, 2021. The duration can be up to twelve months (one year).
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications should be sent to:
The Japan Foundation, New York
c/o Japanese Studies Program
1700 Broadway, Fl. 15
New York, NY 10019
For further inquiries, contact:
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming