Foundation / Corporation
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $25,000 to Calgary, Alberta public schools and nonprofits for innovative education programs for elementary and secondary students. Funding is intended to encourage children to excel in learning and enrich their learning experiences.
Key themes of support:
- Math & Literacy Initiatives
- Financial & Basic Needs
- Educational Technology & STEM Education
- The Arts
- Healthy Living
- Special Needs
- Career & Life Skills
Support may be given to pilot programs, ongoing programs or one-time initiatives and an entire program OR a key element of a program may receive funding. These programs should have a direct impact on Calgary Board of Education (CBE) students and preference will be given to programs/initiatives that are sustainable and adapted to a very broad student population.
Certain training, fees, equipment, and supply costs may receive funding, but general operating costs will not be supported.
GrantWatch ID#: 162211
Program grant dollars typically range from $1,000 – $25,000.
While priority is given to Calgary Board of Education enhancement programs/initiatives (delivered by CBE departments, management, or schools), consideration will be given to applications from any group or organization with a registered charitable status that provides or manages a program(s) or initiative(s) that support CBE students, keeping in mind that the program/project MUST have the support of an authorized “signing authority” within the CBE (e.g. Superintendent, Area Director, Principal).
- Be a school or registered nonprofit
- Have the support of an authorized CBE signing authority
- Fit one of the key areas for support
- Early/mid April – September: Grant application period open.
- June 1, 2018 – Kaiti Perras Love of Dance Memorial Fund & ConocoPhillips World Schools Debate Development Endowment Fund application deadline
- September 30, 2018: Grant application deadline
- Early-October: Applications reviewed by EducationMatters staff. Program applications that are short-listed may be asked to provide more detail.
- Late-October: Short-listed applications are ranked by the Grants Committee for funding consideration.
- Mid-November: Final program grants are approved by the Grants Committee and submitted to EducationMatters’ Board of Governors for ratification.
- Late-November: Successful applicants notified.
Eligibility criteria: https://www.educationmatters.ca/schools/eligibility-criteria/
Vision and mission: https://www.educationmatters.ca/about/#vision
How to apply: https://www.educationmatters.ca/schools/apply-now/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Start an online application:https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_1354?SA=SNA&FID=35004
Marilyn Field, Executive Director
403-817-7465 | email@example.com
Kathryn Schilman, Grants and Stewardship Officer
403-817-7469 | firstname.lastname@example.org
1221 8 Street SW
Calgary, AB T2R 0L4