Foundation / Corporation
Grants ranging from $100 and $500 to USA teachers or school administrators in multiple states for projects that will support teachers and schools serving grades K-12 in eligible communities. Funding may be awarded to projects in the categories of reading and literacy; environment; STEM– science, technology, engineering, and math; and mining, mineral, and natural resources. Classroom projects may range from field trips to literacy efforts to incentives for student performance.
Eligible communities include:
- Ajo, Arizona
- Bagdad, Arizona
- Bisbee Area, Arizona
- Climax Molybdenum/Climax Mine Operations (Lake, Summit, Chaffee, Eagle counties)
- Climax Molybdenum/Henderson Operations (Clear Creek and Grand counties)
- El Paso, Texas
- Elizabeth, New Jersey
- Ft. Madison, Iowa
- Graham County, Arizona (Safford Operations)
- Grant County, New Mexico (New Mexico Operations)
- Green Valley/Sahuarita, Arizona (Sierrita Operations)
- Greenlee County, Arizona (Morenci Operations)
- Jerome/Clarkdale, Arizona
- Miami/Globe, Arizona
- Native American Communities (Hualapai, San Carlos Apache, Tohono O'odham and White Mountain Apache)
- New Orleans, Louisiana (parishes of: Jefferson, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Tammany, St. Charles, St. John the Baptist, Tangipahoa)
- Norwich, Connecticut
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Tucson, Arizona
GrantWatch ID#: 162240
Grants of $100 to $500 will be awarded.
Applicants may be teachers, school administrators, or parent volunteers/PTA officials at public and private schools located in or near communities where Freeport-McMoRan has a presence.
A school is eligible to receive up to four (4) mini-grants during each application period. Each applicant/teacher/classroom may receive one mini-grant award per school year.
Applications must be submitted through the K-12 school.
Application Window: May 1– October 1
Awards Announced: December 1
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Native American Communities (Hualapai, San Carlos Apache, Tohono O'odham and White Mountain Apache) may also apply.
USA: Arizona: Ajo, Bagdad, Bisbee Area, Graham County, Green Valley/Sahuarita, Greenlee County, Jerome/Clarkdale, Miami/Globe, Phoenix, and Tucson ; Connecticut: Norwich; Iowa: Ft. Madison; Louisiana: New Orleans. Parishes of: Jefferson, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Tammany, St. Charles, St. John the Baptist, and Tangipahoa; New Jersey: Elizabeth; New Mexico: Grant County; Texas: El Paso