Foundation / Corporation
Grants to USA and Mexico organizations in eligible regions for programs and projects that help women and girls reach their personal potential and achieve economic success. The Funding Source operates in eligible communities in Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Iowa, Louisiana, New Jersey, New Mexico, and Texas, as well as various Native American communities in the USA and Mexico. See Additional Eligibility Information for details.
Funding is intended for activities in the areas of education, physical/mental health and wellness, entrepreneurship/employment, mentoring or leadership development, and increasing access to and availability of key services.
Priority is given to program and projects that are:
- Innovative or unique in their approach to developing the potential of women
- Demonstrate collaborations or partnerships that establish increased opportunities for women
- Sustainable beyond the life of this funding
- Projects that require a one-time investment for program materials, equipment or other resources that will launch, further develop or expand a program that can be sustained as part of the current program
- Projects that empower girls/women by involving men/boys in eliminating violence and promoting the potential of women; or those that focus on breaking the cycle by reaching young people
GrantWatch ID#: 162241
The Freeport-McMoRan Foundation provides support to organizations that provide a direct service to communities where there is an operational presence. The following communities are eligible:
- Arizona: Ajo, Bagdad, Bisbee Area, Graham County, Green Valley/Sahuarita, Greenlee County, Jerome/Clarkdale, Miami/Globe, Phoenix, Tucson
- Colorado: Lake, Summit, Chaffee, Eagle, Clear Creek, and Grand Counties
- Texas: El Paso
- New Jersey: Elizabeth
- Iowa: Ft. Madison
- New Mexico: Grant County
- Louisiana: New Orleans (parishes of Jefferson, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Tammany, St. Charles, St. John the Baptist, Tangipahoa)
- Connecticut: Norwich
- Eligible Native American communities: Hualapai, San Carlos Apache, Tohono O'odham, and White Mountain Apache.
- Application Window: August 1 - October 1
- Awards Announced: November 15
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
General email contact form:
State-specific contact information:
USA: Arizona; Colorado; Connecticut; Iowa; Louisiana; New Jersey; New Mexico; Texas
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.