Foundation / Corporation
Fales Foundation Trust
Grants ranging from $2,000 to $5,000 to Seattle area, Washington nonprofit organizations to assist homeless, hungry, or underserved individuals. Funding may be used for programs serving the homeless and hungry, as well as for arts and cultural opportunities for youth from underserved constituencies.
Specifically, funding category details are as follows:
- Approximately 75% of the annual grant budget is awarded to organizations serving the homeless and hungry. (Funding in this category is directed to groups serving a homeless or near-homeless constituency. Priority is given to organizations whose core mission is ending homelessness, serving the homeless, or feeding the hungry.)
- Approximately 25% of the annual grant budget is awarded to various areas of the arts and cultural organizations and programs. (Funding in this category is directed solely towards ongoing, educational and community-based programs providing arts and cultural opportunities for youth from underserved constituencies. We particularly encourage community-based arts programs that serve the foundation’s primary target population of people suffering from homelessness and/or hunger.)
GrantWatch ID#: 162247
Most grants awarded are between $2,000 and $5,000.
The Foundation will support only:
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) groups in the city of Seattle that meet the above criteria. (Groups located in areas contiguous to Seattle, and serving primarily a Seattle population, or targeting a project specifically to Seattle residents, are also eligible to apply.)
- Organizations in existence for three years or more.
- Preference is given to organizations receiving past support from the Fales Foundation.
The Foundation will not support:
- Capital campaigns or expenditures.
- Loans or investments.
- Fundraising events.
- Projects of a political or religious nature.
- Individual requests for research or scholarships.
- Computer, software, or office equipment purchases.
- Projects of an individual artist, even if under the sponsorship of a 501(c)3 organization.
- Film productions; book publications.
- One-time or short-term concerts, productions, or arts events.
After receiving three consecutive annual grants, a group is asked to wait one year before re-applying for funds.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please mail application materials to:
Lee Ann Martinson, Vice President
Fales Foundation Trust
Union Bank, Personal Trust, Trustee
PO Box 3123
Seattle, Washington 98114
1201 Third Avenue, Suite 900
Seattle, WA 98101
For questions, contact Therese Ogle, Grants Consultant, at OgleFounds@aol.com.
USA: Washington: Seattle Area