Foundation / Corporation
Humboldt Area Foundation (HAF)
12/01/18 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $200 to $2,000 to California grassroots groups to enhance the quality of life for local residents and improve the social fabric of communities in Curry, Trinity, Del Norte, and Humboldt Counties. Proposals should involve citizens working together to address a community need or goal.
For the purpose of this grant program, grassroots groups are considered to be community and neighborhood efforts for change that bring people together to organize around something important to them. The process of people coming together is just as important as the project itself.
Funding priority will be given to efforts that meet one or more of the following criteria:
1. Community members work together to address a community issue, need, or common goal.
2. Are designed by and for the community in which the project takes place, with community members taking part in decision-making.
3. Make use of existing community resources, skills, and strengths.
4. Value, encourage participation from, and include diverse community members (age, race, culture, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, faith).
5. Develop leadership skills within the group.
6. Partner with other community groups, programs, businesses, agencies and/or institutions.
GrantWatch ID#: 162468
Up to 10
These grants are typically $200 - $2,000.
Grants are meant to support efforts over a period of a year.
Grassroots groups from Humboldt, Del Norte, Trinity, and Curry Counties are eligible to apply.
HAF usually does not support the same request twice. Grassroots grants do not fund civil disobedience, protest, non-violent resistance or litigation, and are not intended to support community service projects.
Proposals are accepted four times per year: June 1, September 1, December 1, and March 1 by 5:00 p.m. Notification of awards typically occurs 10 weeks after the application deadline.
HAF recommends contacting a Program Manager before submitting a proposal in order to discuss how it aligns with the goals of this program and how to craft your proposal so that it is more competitive.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications may be emailed or mailed to:
Humboldt Area Foundation
363 Indianola Road
Bayside, CA 95524
USA: California: Humboldt, Del Norte, Trinity, and Curry counties; Oregon