Foundation / Corporation
Humboldt Area Foundation (HAF) - Trinity Trust
Grants to Trinity County, California nonprofit organizations, government agencies, public schools, and Tribal governments for unforeseen, urgent, or one-time needs. Funding is intended for projects that require only a small investment to make a lasting difference to the community.
Grants will be made for projects that do one or more of the following:
-Build collaborative relationships and partnerships
-Integrate youth in ways that build their commitment to community and civic responsibility,
-Engage community members who will benefit in the planning,
-Develop community leadership,
-Leverage matching funding or resources for the organization
-Increase the long-term capacity of an organization to improve or expand their services.
GrantWatch ID#: 162469
Grants must be paid within one year, unless otherwise specified. Any requests for extensions of time must be submitted in writing prior to the expiration date.
- Applicants must be nonprofit charitable or public benefit (federal tax exempt) organizations, public schools, government agencies, Indian tribal governments or have a qualified fiscal sponsor.
- Projects must benefit the communities within Trinity County, California. All organizations from outside this service area must demonstrate that they are working with a locally based group to develop and implement the proposed project.
- Grants cannot be made for expenses outside the service area such as travel expenses of schools or groups for trips out of the area, cultural groups going on tour, “good will” ambassadors, or scholarships and fellowships to other countries.
- Grants cannot be made for the deferred maintenance or annual operating costs of public institutions, churches, services of special tax districts, government or cemeteries.
- Grants cannot be made for religious activities or projects that exclusively benefit the members of sectarian or religious organizations.
- Grants cannot pay for expenses that have already been incurred.
Send 1 original and 1 single-sided copy (2 total) of the application to the address below by March 27, 2018.
- January 9, 2018
- March 27, 2018
- July 3, 2018
- October 23, 2018
The Foundation makes grant payments on a reimbursement basis. If special payment arrangements are needed, please contact the Grants Administrator.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Send applications to:
The Trinity Trust
c/0 Humboldt Area Foundation
363 Indianola Road
Bayside, CA 95524
Questions? Email or call:
Lynn Langdon, Grants Coordinator
(707) 267 9914
Patrick Cleary, Executive Director
(707) 442 2993
USA: California: Trinity County