Grants of up to $2,500 to Alaska nonprofit and faith-based organizations, government agencies, schools, and Tribal entities for activities and programs that benefit residents in eligible locations. Funding is intended to address a wide range of community needs, including but not limited to those in the areas of education, arts and culture, community development, the great outdoors, and health and wellness. Eligible applicants are located in and serve the Kodiak Archipelago area.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
Applications will be accepted from qualified, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations (or equivalents, such as Tribal entities, schools, and faith-based organizations) that support charitable organizations and programs on the Kodiak Archipelago.
An organization is eligible for funding through this grant opportunity if it is one of the following:
• 501(c)3 public charitable organization with 509(a)(1), 509(a)(2), or 509(a)(3) public charitable status as designated in your IRS Determination letter
• Faith-based organization providing social services
• Federally recognized Tribe or Tribal nonprofit organization
• City government or Borough
The following are not eligible for grant funding:
• State or federal government agencies
• For-profit organizations or businesses
• Private nonprofit organizations (those not identified in their IRS determination letter as 509(a)(1), 509(a)(2), or 509(a)(3)
• Requests for support that do not fall within the funding guidelines
• Activities that improperly discriminate as to race, gender, marital status, sexual preference, age, disability, creed, or ethnicity, or grants for religious indoctrination or other religious activities.
Ineligible organizations may be able to receive funding for projects if they seek support from a qualified organization that is willing to provide fiscal sponsorship. Fiscal sponsors must agree to take legal and fiscal responsibility for accepting grant funds from KCF on behalf of the ineligible organization. A letter from the fiscal sponsor must be submitted with the application for the project to be considered.
Grant applications will be open from September 1, 2022, to Friday, September 30, 2022, by 5 pm.