Institute of Museum and Library Services
12/01/16 11:59 PM ET
Grants of up to $25,000 to USA and territories nonprofit museums, IHEs, and nonprofits, and organizations benefiting museums for innovative projects designed to improve the way museums operate and to enhance the services provided. On October 13 a webinar will be held. November 17 is the recommended deadline for registering to apply.
These small grants encourage museums to prototype and evaluate specific innovations in the ways they operate and the services they provide. Project results – be they success, failure, or a combination thereof – should offer valuable information to the museum field and the potential for improvement in the ways museums serve their communities.
There are no specific project categories within the Sparks Grants program, though applicants should align their applications with one of the three IMLS strategic goals cited above. Projects may include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Rapid prototyping and testing of new ways to engage learners
- Offering innovative new types of services or new service options
- Exploring the potential of highly original, experimental collaborations
- Implementing new workflows or processes with potential for substantial cost savings
- Addressing community challenges through new types of partnerships, services, processes, or practices
- Developing and testing new tools or services that facilitate access, presentation, management, preservation, sharing, or use of museum collections
GrantWatch ID#: 162644
$10,000 to $25,000
August 2016 - September 2017.
Project activities may generally be carried out for up to one year.
Projects must begin on August 1, September 1, or October 1, 2016.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)