Foundation / Corporation
02/15/18 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants to Texas nonprofits for highly effective programs in the areas of education, community, and health and wellness that benefit residents of Bastrop, Hays, Travis, and Williamson Counties. A letter of inquiry is due on December 13, 2017. The projects must be specific, with results that are measurable.
More details on the focus areas are as follows:
Community: Economic, social, environmental, or cultural enrichment programs and projects.
Education: Programs and projects that further the ability to educate and improve education.
Health and Well-Being: Programs and projects that strengthen and enhance the lives of children and families, or that positively impact the mental or physical health and wellness of people
Each grant applicant must select only one focus area under which it wishes to be considered.
GrantWatch ID#: 163292
The grant funds must be expended within 24 months.
In order to be eligible for an Impact Austin grant, an organization must:
- Be classified as a “public charity” with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) and 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Service Code
- Provide an IRS 501(c)(3) status approval letter at the first step of the process.
In addition, the organization’s proposal must:
- Outline a project or program that targets a specific population for a specific duration with specific measurable goals to be achieved;
- Provide services in Bastrop, Hays, Travis and/or Williamson Counties, Texas;
- Use the full amount of Impact Austin’s available grant
Impact Austin will not fund the following:
- Debt reduction
- Endowments or memorials
- Bridge funding or interim financing
- Operational deficits
- Political lobbying or legislative activities
- General fund drives, annual appeals, or fundraising events
- Fraternal, sectarian and religious organizations where the grant is intended to principally benefit members/adherents or to fund inherently religious activities
- Private foundations
- Litigation/legal expenses in actions by or against the organization
- General construction or renovation (unrelated to a specific proposed project or program)
- General capital campaigns (unrelated to a specific proposed project or program)
- Sports teams or any sports-related activity or competition.
On Thursday, October 26th, Impact Austin will host its annual workshop to educate the nonprofit community on how to apply for an Impact Austin grant.
Following the presentation there will be a panel discussion with Impact Austin leaders and a past grant recipient, to provide insight into the grants cycle and answer questions. Impact Austin values this opportunity to support potential community partners at the beginning of its grant cycle. But attendance is optional and will not influence the consideration given to your grant application.
To learn more about the grant program, check out the FAQs at http://www.impactaustin.org/apply/grant-application-faqs
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ImpactATX/posts/10159469749335346
The Letter of Inquiry and grant application must be submitted online via the grants management system using the forms provided by Impact Austin.
The first step for program grant applicants is to submit an LOI using Impact Austin’s online grants management system. Impact Austin members serving on program Grant Review Committees evaluate the submitted Letters of Inquiry and, by early February, select about six organizations for each of the focus areas to invite to complete a grant application.
Organizations selected by Impact Austin to complete a program grant application must submit their applications, including all attachments, via the online grants management system. You will receive acknowledgment of receipt of your application within one week. By early April, Impact Austin Grant Review Committees will select and notify 3-4 semifinalists in each focus area.
By early May, Impact Austin Grant Review Committees will select two finalists in each of the focus areas. At the annual meeting in June 2018, Impact Austin’s members will vote for one finalist in each focus area, with the majority deciding the grant recipients.
Annual Impact Austin Nonprofit Workshop: 10/26/2017
Letters of Inquiry submissions open: 11/13/2017
Letters of Inquiry due: 12/13/2017 by 5:00 PM
Announcement of available grant amounts: 01/15/2018
Letters of Inquiry decisions communicated: 01/26/2018
Program Grant Applications due: 02/15/2018 by 5:00 PM
Applicants notified of selection for site visit: 04/06/2018
Site visits to grant semifinalists: 04/19/2017 – 04/21/2018
Grant finalists selected and notified; all other applicants declined by: 05/04/2018
Finalists meet with Impact Austin to receive presentation instructions: 05/08/2018
Impact Austin Annual Meeting with finalist presentations and member vote: 06/04/2018
Grant presentations to 2018 Community Partners: TBD
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Create an Agency Profile: https://ctk.apricot.info/document/edit/id/new/form_id/31
Apply online: https://ctk.apricot.info/bulletins/list
P.O. Box 28148
Austin, TX 78755
Bastrop, Hays, Travis and Williamson Counties
USA: Texas: Bastrop, Hays, Travis, and Williamson Counties