Grants to Texas Nonprofits for Capacity Building
and Programs to Benefit Eligible Communities
Impact Austin Program Grant
Funding or PIN Number:
USA: Texas: Bastrop, Hays, Travis, and Williamson Counties
Conference Date: 06/29/22 Deadline: 08/01/22 5:00 PM CT - Deadline for proposals for the Equity and Health & Well-Being grants
Add to calendar
Grants to Texas nonprofit organizations for programs and initiatives that benefit the community in eligible counties. Focus areas include youth, community, education, equity, and health and well-being. Proposals may also support organizational capacity building. Proposals must provide services in Bastrop, Hays, Travis, and/or Williamson counties.
Impact Austin invites nonprofits to request funding for programs, capacity-building initiatives, or both, in four focus areas: Community, Education, Equity, and Health & Well-Being. All categories will support applications from single organizations or collaborative groups of organizations.
Impact Austin will award grants in the following categories:
G3 To improve the lives of youth in the community
Community To enhance economic, social, environmental or cultural initiatives
Education To enhance education and learning
Equity To advance equity for women and/or girls of color
Health & Well-Being To strengthen and enhance the lives of children and families, or positively impact the mental or physical health and wellness of people
In November 2022, Impact Austin will award grants in the categories of Equity and Health & Well-Being.
A proposal can:
Support initiatives: existing initiatives, expansion of initiatives, or new initiatives that target a specific population, last for a specific duration, and aim to achieve specific, measurable goals; and/or
Support capacity: strengthen or grow a nonprofit organization to improve its future performance, impact, and sustainability in support of its mission and vision, producing measurable results for the organization by the end of the grant period.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
The organization submitting an application must be a public charity (not private foundation) with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code. Applicants applying as a collaborative must identify one lead organization to submit the application, and that organization must meet the eligibility guidelines.
Impact Austin will accept applications from organizations that do not have a 501(c)(3) designation if they operate under the umbrella of an established 501(c)(3); the grant will be awarded to the 501(c)(3) organization. The grant review committee will assess the financial and operational controls between the two organizations before recommending the applicant for further review.
Impact Austin will not fund the following:
• Debt reduction
• Endowments or memorials
• Bridge funding or interim financing
• Operational deficits
• Political lobbying or legislative activities
• General fund drives, annual appeals, or fundraising events
• Fraternal, sectarian and religious organizations where the grant is intended to principally benefit members/adherents or to fund inherently religious activities
• Private foundations
• Litigation/legal expenses in actions by or against the organization
• General construction or renovation (unrelated to a specific proposed project or program)
• General capital campaigns (unrelated to a specific proposed project or program)
• Sports teams or any sports-related activity or competition
06/29/2022 - Impact Austin 2022 Fall Nonprofit Workshop
Fall 2022 Grants
- 06/29/2022 - Impact Austin 2022 Fall Nonprofit Workshop
- 07/08/2022 - Grant applications open for submission
- 08/01/2022 - Grant applications close at 5:00 PM CT
- 09/01/2022 - Initial grant review decisions communicated
- 09/22/2022 - Semifinalist decisions communicated
- 10/06/2022-10/08/2022 - Site visits
- 10/20/2022 - Finalist decisions communicated; all other applicants declined by this date
- 10/21/2022 - Finalist training
- 11/02/2022 - Impact Austin member voting begins
- 11/15/2022 - Impact Austin Town Hall Meeting; announce Community Partners
- 12/01/2022 - Fall grant awards issued
Proposals for the Community and Education grants will be solicited and evaluated from January through May, and grants will be awarded in June by a vote of Impact Austin members. Proposals for the Equity and Health & Well-Being grants will be solicited and evaluated from July through October, with grants awarded in November.