Foundation / Corporation
Impact Fairfield County
Grant to a Fairfield County, Connecticut nonprofit organization for a large-scale, new or significantly expanded project or program that will benefit underserved individuals or communities. Applicants are required to submit an LOI prior to applying. Eligible projects are those that serve the residents of and expend funds fully in Fairfield County.
Preference will be given to programs or projects that:
- Highlight unmet needs in the area
- Will have a high impact on the beneficiaries
- Are lesser known initiatives
Project or program budgets must be at least $100,000. Though there is only one $100,000 Impact Grant winner, residual funds are awarded to the finalists as general operating grants. Capital expenditures that are clearly related to the proposed project or program will be funded.
GrantWatch ID#: 163374
One $100,000 Impact Grant will be awarded, with residual funds awarded to the finalists.
Impact Fairfield County requires that the organization uses the full amount of the grant funding within 24 months of the grant.
Organizations must be:
- Classified as a “public charity” with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Operating in Fairfield County, Connecticut
- In possession of three years of independently prepared, audited financial statements
- Not a recipient of an Impact Fairfield County $100,000 grant for a period of three years after receiving the grant
Preference will be given to organizations that have limited access to large grants and do not have the resources of larger nonprofits.
- Debt reduction, operating deficits, or interim or bridge funding
- Endowment funding
- Individuals or private foundations
- Scholarship funding
- Activities that are religious, or partisan, legislative or political in nature
- Fundraising events, fund drives, or annual appeals
- General capital campaigns (unrelated to the specific project or program)
- Organizations that do not provide direct services
Applicants must submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) using the Impact Fairfield County online application due by November 14, 2018. The online grant management system will be open to accept LOIs beginning October 17, 2018. Following the review of the LOIs, Impact Fairfield County will select certain applicants to submit a Full Proposal.
Applicant organizations will be notified by January 9, 2019 whether or not they have been selected to complete a Full Proposal. Full Proposals are by invitation only and will be due by February 6, 2019. Following a review of the Full Proposals, certain applicants will be selected for site visits.
Impact Fairfield County Committee Chairs will contact applicants to schedule the site visits, which will take place from March 13 – April 19, 2019. Following the site visit, Impact Fairfield County will select its grant finalists.
Finalists will be announced by April 24, 2019. They will receive instructions for making presentations to the membership at the Impact Fairfield County Annual Meeting to be held on May 1, 2019. Impact Fairfield County members will vote by individual ballot at the Annual Meeting to determine the winner.
Please note, the grant may be distributed in installments, depending on the nature of the project or program.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and submit an LOI between October 17 and November 14, 2018:
For questions, please email email@example.com.
USA: Connecticut: Fairfield County