Foundation / Corporation
The McLean Contributionship
Grants to Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations for projects that will enhance the lives of residents in the greater Philadelphia area. Funding areas include education, arts, culture, and humanities, environment and animals, health, and human services.
The Foundation's Trustees believe the resources of The Contributionship can be used most effectively by making a relatively limited number of grants for projects of long-term benefit–rather than by underwriting continuing operating expenses. The Trustees focus on capital projects: bricks and mortar, endowment, or will provide seed money for purposes outlined below.
The Trustees are most likely to respond positively when the project:
- Stimulates a better understanding of the natural environment, and encourages the preservation of its important features;
- Encourages more compassionate and cost-effective care for the ill and aging, in an atmosphere of dignity and self-respect; or
- Promotes education, or medical, scientific, or on occasion, cultural developments enhancing the quality of life.
In addition, the Trustees from time to time support projects which:
- Motivate promising young people to assess and develop their talents despite social and economic obstacles; or
- Encourage those in newspaper and related fields to become more effective and responsible in helping people understand better how events in their communities and around the world affect them.
GrantWatch ID#: 163456
A financial statement for the latest year should accompany each application in addition to interim operating statements or budgets for future periods if appropriate. Evidence of tax-exempt status is required plus a list of officers and directors. Information about funds raised and whether the Board has committed any funds towards the project should also be included.
The Trustees believe the resources of The Contributionship can be used most effectively by making a relatively limited number of grants for projects of long-term benefit–rather than by underwriting continuing operating expenses.
For timely consideration, applications must be received no later than six weeks before the next meeting of the Board of Trustees:
- February 2, 2018 [for the March 16, 2018 meeting]
- April 20, 2018 [for the June 1, 2018 meeting]
- August 6, 2018 [for the September 17, 2018 meeting]
- October 22, 2018 [for the December 3, 2018 meeting]]
Common Grant Application Information:
About the Funding Source:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
Or, mail to:
Sandra L. McLean
The McLean Contributionship
230 Sugartown Road, Suite 30
Wayne, PA 19087
For questions, call Sandra at (610) 989-8090.
USA: Pennsylvania: The Greater Philadelphia Area