Grants to Ohio LEAs, IHEs, schools, and consortia of eligible organizations for innovative ideas that promote academic achievement and financial efficiency. Applicants must submit an LOI as soon as possible. On October 7 and 14 webinars will be held. From October 13 through 21 regional meetings will be held.
Funding will be provided to support ideas from local educators that promote academic achievement and economic efficiencies within schools and districts. Educators who have innovative, workable ideas that could advance student learning, achieve significant funding reductions, reduce administrative overhead - or all three - now enjoy the opportunity to receive money to jumpstart the transformation they envision.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
• Individual school buildings;
• Educational service centers (ESC);
• Community schools;
• STEM schools;
• College-‐preparatory boarding schools;
• Education consortia (representing a partnership among city, local, exempted village, school buildings, community schools, STEM schools, educational service centers, or county boards of developmental disabilities that provide special education and related services to children with disabilities);
• Institutions of higher education;
• Private entities partnering with one or more of the entities listed above.
Program Application and Information
Wednesday, Oct. 7
3:00 - 5:00 PM
Bowling Green State University
Bowen-Thompson Student Union
McMaster Meeting Room-Union Room 308
Bowling Green 43403
Thursday, Oct. 15
Educational Service Center of Central Ohio
2080 Citygate Drive
Monday Oct. 19
1:00 - 3:00 PM
Cuyahoga Valley Career Center
8001 Brecksville Road
Brecksville, Ohio 44141
Tuesday Oct. 20
1:00 - 3:00 PM
Hamilton County Educational Service Center
11083 Hamilton Ave
Cincinnati, Ohio 45231
Wednesday Oct. 21
2:00 -4:00 PM
Those intending to apply for a new Straight A grant should submit an intent to apply as soon as possible by clicking here - http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Straight-A-Fund - and completing the short survey. Note that submitting your intent to apply does not require you to submit an application.
Estimated Size of Grant
- Individual applicants can apply for grants up to $1,000,000.
- Consortium grants can apply for grants up to $15,000,000.
However,the Straight A Fund Governing Board has indicated a preference for individual and consortium grants under $1,000,000.
Term of Contract
Projects should budget the grant funds to be expended prior to June 30, 2017.