Foundation / Corporation
Women's Bar Association Foundation (WBAF)
11/30/18 5:00 PM
Grants to Metropolitan Washington, D.C. area nonprofit organizations that address the legal and related needs of women and girls in the community. LOIs are due by August 31. The Funding Source is particularly interested in funding newer programs or younger organizations where the impact of the Foundation’s support is direct and measurable.
GrantWatch ID#: 163742
Historically, the WBAF has awarded grants ranging in size from $2,500 to $10,000.
The WBAF does not consider requests for multi-year grants at this time.
Eligibility, restrictions, and types of support:
1. Grants will be made only to tax-exempt organizations that qualify under section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code or to an organization that is seeking tax-exempt status and is affiliated with, maintains a fiscal sponsor relationship with or is participating in an incubator program with a qualified 501(c) organization.
2. Grants will not be made to individuals, except for the Founders Fellowship.
3. The Foundation does not fund general operating expenses. However, the Foundation will consider funding indirect costs associated with administering a specific project that will be supported by the Foundation.
4. The Foundation does not support university faculty chairs, endowments, capital campaigns or building funds, or other foundations.
5. The Foundation does not make loans, fund political campaigns or activities, support programs with a religious component or requirement, award tuition reimbursements, provide sponsorships, or buy tickets or tables for special events as part of its grantmaking program.
6. The Foundation is especially interested in providing seed funding to younger organizations or new programs where the impact of the Foundation’s support is direct and measurable.
WBAF 2019 Grant Cycle Calendar
- 7/25/18: Grant Cycle Opened
- 8/31/18: LOIs due by 5:00 PM
- 10/12/18: Full proposals invited
- 11/30/18: Full proposals due by 5:00 PM
- 1/11/19: Grant announcements made
- 3/13/19: Grantee awards event
If you have questions, please contact Jay Walker to discuss your project prior to submitting an application.
Each organization submitting a Letter of Intent (LOI) will be notified by October 12, 2018, via e-mail of the Foundation's decision regarding submission of a full proposal. Organizations invited to submit proposals will receive written instructions regarding further requirements at that time. Full proposals are reviewed by the WBAF Board of Directors, which will make final funding determinations. You will be contacted if a site visit or additional information is necessary. You will be notified of the Foundation's final decision on your proposal by e-mail.
Grantees will be asked to participate in the WBAF's annual grant awards event.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please submit the Letter of Intent electronically to email@example.com.
Contact Jay Walker at 202-639-8880 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Womens Bar Association and WBA Foundation
2020 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Suite 446
Washington, DC 20006
Metropolitan D.C. Area
USA: Maryland; Virginia; Washington, DC