Foundation / Corporation
Gordon Thornhill Excellence in Youth Foundation - Northern Piedmont Community Foundation
10/15/17 4:00 PM Receipt; Because the date falls on the weekend, the deadline is pushed back to October 16.
Grants generally ranging from $500 to $5,000 to Rappahannock County, Virginia nonprofits for youth projects and programs. Funding is specifically intended for athletic and agriculture-related proposals. Projects should endorse values of honesty, good manners, discipline, and focus in order to achieve good grades and success.
Proposals from nonprofits shall include wide-ranging programs that:
- Improve the quality of life for youth in Rappahannock County, preferably through athletic and agricultural enrichment programs;
- Promote broad-based participation in athletic and agricultural related activities;
- Champion programs in sports and agricultural activities with traditional values such as honesty, good manners, discipline, and focus in order to achieve good grades and success;
- Improve educational opportunities for youth in athletic, agricultural, wellness, and cultural endeavors;
- Enhance health and wellness for youth through community-based organizations;
- Encourage the creation, support, and preservation of agricultural and athletic programs to benefit youth.
GrantWatch ID#: 163793
Award amounts generally range from $500 to $5,000.
Nonprofit organizations for sports and agriculture-related enrichment projects for the youth of Rappahannock County.
Generally not funded:
- Organizations not tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Fundraising events (such as tickets, raffles, auctions or tournaments), annual fundraising appeals, or agency celebrations
- Ongoing operating support
- Political, fraternal or religious activities
- Existing obligations, debts/liabilities or costs that the agency has already incurred
- Scholarly research
- Scholarships, camper fees, fellowships or travel
- National or international organizations, unless the grant benefits Rappahannock County
- Projects normally the responsibility of government
- Private primary or secondary schools or academies
- Capital campaign requests
The Gordon Thornhill Excellence in Youth Foundation Fund considers grant requests once per year. The deadline is a 4:00 p.m. receipt deadline, not postmark deadline. Because this date falls on a weekend, the deadline will be 4:00 p.m. on Monday, October 16, 2017, the first working day following the published deadline. Grant applications sent by facsimile or email will not be accepted.
Grant applications will be reviewed and organizations will be contacted if further information is needed. Grant
decisions will be finalized and organizations notified by December 31.
- Proposal Deadline: October 16
- Grant Decision: December 1
- Notification Date: December 31
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Proposals should be mailed to:
The Gordon Thornhill Excellence in Youth Foundation
P. O. Box 91, 45 Thornridge Lane
Boston, VA 22713
For more information, contact:
USA: Virginia: Rappahannock County