American Alliance of Museums (AAM) and Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS)
In-kind grants valued at approximately $4,000 to $6,000 to USA and territories nonprofit and government museums to evaluate operations and prepare for the future. This program offers the following types of assessments: collections stewardship, community and audience engagement, organizational, education and interpretation, and board leadership.
Collections Stewardship Assessment:
Education & Interpretation Assessment:
Community & Audience Engagement Assessment:
Board Leadership Assessment:
Detailed information about the assessment types can be found at https://www.aam-us.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/MAP-Application-2019-PDF-Sample.pdf#page=5.
GrantWatch ID#: 163856
Your MAP participation includes the following materials and services, valued at approximately $4,000-$6,000*
- MAP Self-Study Materials: Workbook and Activities
- Access to an online MAP Portal with customized presentations, activities, and resources to help you through each step of the MAP experience
- Assessment Report: a written report of the Peer Reviewer’s findings and recommendations, with prioritized next steps and resources
- The time, expertise, and travel expenses (transportation, meals, incidentals, lodging) for one Peer Reviewer to visit your museum for one to three days and offer guidance and consultation on site
- Peer Reviewer's honorarium
- A dedicated MAP Program Officer for support, guidance, and feedback
* Please note: Your museum's MAP participation is IMLS funded but is not a grant given to your institution. AAM receives grant funding from IMLS to deliver this comprehensive program and service to your museum. AAM does not disperse any money to your museum.
The program is a one-year process.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit the following application form: https://form.jotform.com/92413633784158
You will receive a link to a full application.
Direct questions to the email above or to 202.289.9118.
2451 Crystal Drive, Suite 1005
Arlington, VA 22202
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)