Grants of up to $1,000 to Prince Edward County, Ontario charitable organizations to promote and raise awareness about food principles and issues that embrace the philosophy of good, clean, and fair practices, specifically is three core areas:
1. Education: Bursaries and programs for youth and adults in the pursuit of learning (individuals or groups).
2. Start-Ups: Seed money for initiating capital or operational funding required for launching new programs (individuals or groups).
3. Food Security: Funding to support charitable organizations for initiatives that work toward eliminating hunger.
Funding may be awarded for capital and equipment needs, but not for general operations or debt financing.
Successful projects will include as many of the following traits as possible:
- They offer solutions for improving a particular community food issue.
- They build on existing community strengths and assets.
- They collaborate with others and build strong working partnerships.
- They promote and/or celebrate ongoing learning.
- They show innovation, creativity, proactive thinking.
- They can demonstrate, with measurable results, the impact that the project will have on the community.
- They have a strong impact on the people of Prince Edward County.
Estimated Size of Grant:
Projects must take place within one year of receiving the grant, though funding could be awarded to a multi-year project.
For further information or questions regarding application processes, contact Cynthia Peters, Vice-Chair, Slow Food The County, at: 613-922-9194 or email@example.com.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates / changes / addendums / conferences / LOIs.