Foundation / Corporation
Slow Food Prince Edward County, administered by The County Community Foundation
Grants of up to $1,000 to Prince Edward County, Ontario charitable organizations to promote and raise awareness about food principles and issues that embrace the philosophy of good, clean, and fair practices, specifically is three core areas:
1. Education: Bursaries and programs for youth and adults in the pursuit of learning (individuals or groups).
2. Start-Ups: Seed money for initiating capital or operational funding required for launching new programs (individuals or groups).
3. Food Security: Funding to support charitable organizations for initiatives that work toward eliminating hunger.
Funding may be awarded for capital and equipment needs, but not for general operations or debt financing.
Successful projects will include as many of the following traits as possible:
- They offer solutions for improving a particular community food issue.
- They build on existing community strengths and assets.
- They collaborate with others and build strong working partnerships.
- They promote and/or celebrate ongoing learning.
- They show innovation, creativity, proactive thinking.
- They can demonstrate, with measurable results, the impact that the project will have on the community.
- They have a strong impact on the people of Prince Edward County.
GrantWatch ID#: 164027
Funding is generally capped at $1,000 per organization, per year.
Projects must take place within one year of receiving the grant, though funding could be awarded to a multi-year project.
For further information or questions regarding application processes, contact Cynthia Peters, Vice-Chair, Slow Food The County, at: 613-922-9194 or email@example.com.
In-kind grants of software and training to USA, Canada, and International educators. The purpose of this program is to give teachers access to educational software that will help their students practice and master math facts. Grantees may use the software with one class
Grants and loans of up to $30,000 to Ontario commercial building and property owners and commercial tenants in eligible locations for economic development. Funding is intended to enhance, build, and remediate commercial properties in the qualified downtown area. Applica
Grants to Ontario elementary and high schools in eligible areas for programs to encourage healthy eating and increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables. Funding is intended to support educational projects at home, school, and in local communities throughout the P
Grants ranging from $750 to $2,500 to Canada nonprofit organizations and individuals for programs that promote outdoor safety and encourage youth and outdoor leaders to avoid outdoor risks. Funds may be used to train and educate youth and outdoor leaders on risk avoidan
Fellowships to USA, Canada, and International researchers for research on reproductive biology in mammals and its relation to fertility regulation. Eligible expenses include fringes, institutional overhead, and stipends. Funding is intended to support early-career resea
Grants to Ontario nonprofit organizations to hold events on public city streets in eligible regions. Funding is intended for sporting competitions that demonstrate the potential to attract tourists and participants from out of town. Funding is also intended for events t