Foundation / Corporation
The A. Lindsay and Olive B. O'Connor Foundation
09/01/19 - Full Board Committee; Under $5,000 Grants Committee deadline is always the first of each month.
Grants to New York nonprofit organizations, municipalities, and religious organizations for programs that directly impact the quality of life in the Delaware County area. Eligible counties are those contiguously surrounding Delaware County in rural upstate New York including Otsego, Schoharie, Ulster, Sullivan, Broome, Greene, and Chenango.
- This Committee meets once a year to discuss proposals that benefit the children and youth of Delaware County. The level of funding for these grants should be under $1,000.
Dollars for Scholars Committee:
- This Committee meets once a year to discuss proposals by Delaware County chapters recognized by the National Dollars for Scholars Association.
- This Committee meets once a year to discuss proposals from Colleges that will provide Scholarships to students from Delaware County only.
Under $5,000 Grants Committee:
- This Committee meets each month to discuss proposals from organizations requesting $5,000 or less that must meet the following conditions: the organization must be located in Delaware County or one of the seven contiguously surrounding counties. The Foundation’s main focus is on Delaware County.
Full Board Committee:
- This Committee meets twice a year to discuss proposals from organizations requesting over $5,000 that must meet the following conditions: the organization must be located in Delaware County or one of the seven contiguously surrounding counties. The Foundation’s main focus is on Delaware County.
GrantWatch ID#: 164074
- Youth Committee: under $1,000.
- Under $5,000 Grants Committee: proposals from organizations requesting $5,000 or less.
- Full Board Committee: proposals from organizations requesting over $5,000.
As a general rule, this Foundation prefers to make grants of a non-recurring nature.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications should be directed to:
Donald F. Bishop, II
A. Lindsay & Olive B. O’Connor Foundation
P. O. Box D
Hobart, NY 13788
Phone: (607) 538-9248
Fax: (607) 538-1650
USA: New York: Delaware and contiguously surrounding counties in rural upstate New York (Otsego, Schoharie, Ulster, Sullivan, Broome, Greene, and Chenango)
Grants to USA state agencies to encourage and support volunteerism. Applicants are advised that required registrations may take up to several weeks to complete. Funding is intended for programs that support, manage, and recruit volunteers. Priority will be given to prog
Grants of $10,000 and in-kind services to USA nonprofit organizations and public agencies for programs that address the needs of people with memory loss and dementia. Funding is intended to enable new programming, as well as to provide support for caregivers and familie
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants of $15,000 to eligible USA state agencies to develop new services for supporting caregivers who have taken on the role of surrogate parents to young relatives. Funding is intended to be used over a two-year period to develop the program activities. Priority will
Grants to USA, Canada, and International independent filmmakers for feature-length films in eligible genres. Funding is intended to support nonfiction films at any production phase from development through post-production. Films should demonstrate effective storytelling
Grant of $9,000 to a USA, Canada, or International graduate psychology student for research and demonstration projects that foster understanding of the relationship between self-identity and scholastic achievement, primarily for children in kindergarten through eighth g
Grants to USA, Mexico, and Haiti nonprofits, for-profit organizations, and government entities for programs and services that improve the quality of life for underserved children. Focus areas include working families, equitable communities, and thriving children. The Fu
Grants to USA colleges, universities, and nonprofit media arts organizations for film fellowships and scholarships. Funding is intended to support film projects by students and fellows in the early stages of their careers. Films can be comprised of, but are not limited,
Grants to USA and territories nonprofit organizations and government agencies in eligible regions for programs and projects addressing cancer prevention and early detection. Funding is intended to provide the resources needed to fund vital community-level activities in