Foundation / Corporation
The A. Lindsay and Olive B. O'Connor Foundation
09/01/19 - Full Board Committee; Under $5,000 Grants Committee deadline is always the first of each month.
Grants to New York nonprofit organizations, municipalities, and religious organizations for programs that directly impact the quality of life in the Delaware County area. Eligible counties are those contiguously surrounding Delaware County in rural upstate New York including Otsego, Schoharie, Ulster, Sullivan, Broome, Greene, and Chenango.
- This Committee meets once a year to discuss proposals that benefit the children and youth of Delaware County. The level of funding for these grants should be under $1,000.
Dollars for Scholars Committee:
- This Committee meets once a year to discuss proposals by Delaware County chapters recognized by the National Dollars for Scholars Association.
- This Committee meets once a year to discuss proposals from Colleges that will provide Scholarships to students from Delaware County only.
Under $5,000 Grants Committee:
- This Committee meets each month to discuss proposals from organizations requesting $5,000 or less that must meet the following conditions: the organization must be located in Delaware County or one of the seven contiguously surrounding counties. The Foundation’s main focus is on Delaware County.
Full Board Committee:
- This Committee meets twice a year to discuss proposals from organizations requesting over $5,000 that must meet the following conditions: the organization must be located in Delaware County or one of the seven contiguously surrounding counties. The Foundation’s main focus is on Delaware County.
GrantWatch ID#: 164074
- Youth Committee: under $1,000.
- Under $5,000 Grants Committee: proposals from organizations requesting $5,000 or less.
- Full Board Committee: proposals from organizations requesting over $5,000.
As a general rule, this Foundation prefers to make grants of a non-recurring nature.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications should be directed to:
Donald F. Bishop, II
A. Lindsay & Olive B. O’Connor Foundation
P. O. Box D
Hobart, NY 13788
Phone: (607) 538-9248
Fax: (607) 538-1650
USA: New York: Delaware and contiguously surrounding counties in rural upstate New York (Otsego, Schoharie, Ulster, Sullivan, Broome, Greene, and Chenango)
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations for projects that benefit women and girls. The purpose of this grant program is to effect social change and promote gender equality. Grant funds may be used to support existing or new programs. Eligible applicants must work within t
Grants to USA, Canada, and International independent filmmakers for feature-length documentary films in development stage to post-production. Funding is intended to support independent, nonfiction films that demonstrate effective storytelling, feasibility and originalit
Grant to a USA nonprofit organization to improve healthcare among underserved populations. Applicants are advised to verify or create the required registrations well in advance of the deadline date. The purpose of the program is to educate mental health professionals ab
Grant of $9,500 to a USA, Canada, or International graduate psychology student for research and demonstration projects that foster understanding of the relationship between self-identity and scholastic achievement, primarily for children in kindergarten through eighth g
Grants to USA, Mexico, and Haiti nonprofits, for-profit organizations, and government entities for programs and services that improve the quality of life for underserved children. Focus areas include working families, equitable communities, and thriving children. The Fu
Grants to USA colleges, universities, and nonprofit media arts organizations for film fellowships and scholarships. Funding is intended to support film projects by students and fellows in the early stages of their careers. Films can be comprised of, but are not limited,
Donations to USA nonprofit organizations for programming support for arts, pre-K-12 education, and literacy programs across the country. In addition, sponsorship opportunities are provided to USA for-profit and nonprofit organizations focusing on literacy, the arts, a
Grants to New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut nonprofit organizations to benefit children in the New York City metropolitan area. Applicants must submit a Letter of Inquiry prior to applying. Consideration will be given to programs aimed at improving the emotional wel