United States Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health, Office of Population Affairs
04/01/16 5:00 PM ET
Grant to Republic of Palau local, State, and tribal agencies, nonprofits, and IHEs to provide family planning services to all those who are interested, with priority to low-income families. Services to be provided include clinical family planning and related preventive health care, related information, education, and counseling, and referral to needed services.
Funding of applications that propose to rely on other entities to provide services will take into consideration the extent to which the applicant indicates it will be inclusive in considering all entities that can provide the required services and are eligible to receive Federal funds to best serve individuals in need throughout the anticipated service area.
1. Assuring the deliver of quality family planning and related preventive health services with priority for services to individuals from low-income families. This includes ensuring the grantees have the capacity to support implementation (e.g., through staff training and related system changes) of the Title X program guidelines throughout their Title X services projects,and that the project staff have received training on the Title X program requirements.
2. Assessing clients' reproductive life plan as part of determining the need for family planning services, and providing preconception services.
3. Providing access to a broad range of acceptable and effective family planning methods and related preventive health services in accordance with the Title X program requirements and the 2014 QFP. These services include, but are not limited to, contraceptive services, pregnancy testing and counseling, services to help clients achieve pregnancy, basic infertility services, STD services, preconception health services, and breast and cervical cancer screening. The broad range of services does not include abortion as a method of family planning.
4. Ensuring that all clients receive contraceptive and other services in a voluntary, client-centered and non-coercive manner in accordance with QFP and Title X requirements.
5. Addressing the comprehensive family planning and related preventive health needs of individuals, families, and communities through outreach to hard-to-reach and/or vulnerable populations, and partnering with other community-based health and social service providers that provide needed services.
6. Demonstrating that the project infrastructure will ensure sustainability of family planning and reproductive health services throughout the proposed service area.
GrantWatch ID#: 164082
Up to 3 years. Project start date: July 1, 2016.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Administrative and budgetary requirements:
Program Requirements or Technical Assistance:
Grants.gov Contact Center:
The Contact Center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (excluding federal holidays).
USA Compact Free Associations: Republic of Palau (USA)
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grant of $9,000 to a USA, Canada, or International early-career psychologist for child psychology research projects. The purpose of the program is for research and demonstration projects that foster an understanding of the relationship between self-identity and scholast
Awards of up to $2,500 to USA and territories K-12 public school teachers to recognize outstanding contributions to environmental education. Applications are invited from teachers who use innovative methods and approaches in teaching environmental concepts and present t
Fellowships of $45,000 per year to USA, Canada, and International nonprofit educational institutions for postdoctoral research programs on Fragile X syndrome. A letter of intent is required prior to submitting a full proposal. The program aims to advance studies that se
Grants of up to $5,000 to USA, Canada, and International graduate students and faculty affiliated with nonprofit institutions of higher education for research to benefit the health and safety of children and youth. Funding is intended to support behavioral and psycholog
Grants starting at $10,000 to USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations for environmental sustainability initiatives to improve ocean health. Funding is intended to support innovative projects that meet challenges faced by the marine and sailing industries.
Grants to USA, Canada, and International professional artists to participate in a year-long artist residency program. Funding is intended to offer artists the opportunity to focus on their art and develop professionally in a supportive atmosphere and remote location in
Grants of $750 to USA, Canada, and International K-12 teachers, community college faculty members, and community college students to support participation in the earth science disciplines. Awards will be made to educators and students in support of the following activit
Grants of up to $40,000 and in-kind support to USA, Canada, and International nonprofit and non-governmental organizations for environmental protection projects throughout the world. Funding is intended to support local forest conservation and management practices, cond
Mentorship and resource opportunities to USA, Canada, and International startup businesses that participate in a cohort-based program in Boston. Registration is required prior to submitting a full application. This program is designed to support innovators from differen