Foundation / Corporation
Visit South Bend Mishawaka (VSBM) - St. Joseph County Hotel-Motel Tax Board
01/12/18 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $10,000 to St. Joseph County, Indiana organizations for the marketing and hosting of events with positive tourism potential to the local area. These funds are allocated to assist qualified organizations with the promotion of tourism activities striving to directly increase hotel or motel occupancy and create positive image building publicity for St. Joseph County.
Eligible Expenditures for Reimbursement:
1. Advertising focused outside St. Joseph County. Applications must be specifically for media, publicity and/or publication dates, size and number of ads to be placed. Media based in St. Joseph County but with a regional reach and audience is acceptable.
2. Production of promotional pieces to be distributed outside St. Joseph County. This includes brochures, posters, direct mail pieces, etc. Applications must be specific on methods of distribution, production costs or any other expenses funded by the grant.
3. Event programs and other promotional material that can be placed at lodging establishments throughout St. Joseph County in hopes of increasing attendance and enhancing the visitor experience by making hotel guests aware of the funded event.
4. Event or organizational website development.
5. Facility rental enabling an event to take place in St. Joseph County. Note: This eligibility will be closely tied to event’s ability to generate overnight stays for attendees of the event.
All events must show the potential to generate overnight hotel stays. Applications will be assessed by considering the following:
-Event’s ability to attract overnight visitors and draw new visitors from outside St. Joseph County.
-Event’s ability to grow, with funding support, over two or more years.
-Timing of event. More points will be given to those events which have the potential to generate overnight stays on non-special event weekends (specifically Notre Dame Commencement and home football weekends).
Please note: Applicants are urged to schedule their events at times of the year when hotel occupancy rates are not at a peak in the greater South Bend area. Dates of the event will be considered in the evaluation criteria when applications are scored.
-Potential food, beverage and retail expenditures by out of market visitors.
-Event’s ability to project a positive image of St. Joseph County through media exposure, advertising efforts and economic impact.
GrantWatch ID#: 164184
Up to $10,000
All events must take place by December 31, 2018.
Applicants must be organizations seeking to produce and promote a well-defined tourism-oriented festival, event or promotional campaign.
All events must be held within St. Joseph County. Any marketing efforts must direct potential visitors to an attraction or destination within St. Joseph County.
-No event can be political in nature or focus.
-No event-related marketing efforts may promote lodging facilities located outside St. Joseph County.
-Events must be geared to the general public, not exclusive in regard to attendance.
VSBM will accept and evaluate completed applications submitted by January 12, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
VSBM staff is available to consult with any organization representative(s) as part of the application process.
Grant funds can be distributed in two ways:
-As a reimbursement – no funds will be released until proper proof of charges are submitted.
-Payment can be sent directly to vendors (with original invoice) for approved charges matching those requested in the original grant application.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email applications to:
Rob DeCleene, Executive Director
Or, mail to:
Rob DeCleene, Executive Director
Visit South Bend Mishawaka
101 N. Michigan St. #300
South Bend, IN 46601
For questions or to consult about the application process, call Rob DeCleene at 574.400.4022 or email the address above.
USA: Indiana: St. Joseph County