Foundation / Corporation
Women's Foundation of Oklahoma (WFO)
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 to Oklahoma public colleges and universities to assist efforts toward recruitment, enrollment, and retention of single mothers pursuing a degree or career certification. The current initiative focuses on providing systemic supports for single mother students on Oklahoma higher education campuses.
The Women’s Foundation of Oklahoma (WFO) invests solely in the economic self-sufficiency of Oklahoma women and girls and aims to provide ongoing support to Oklahoma's low-income single mothers working to complete their post-secondary education.
Grant applications should be focused on one or more of the following program strategies:
- Expanding awareness of educational opportunities for Single Mother Students
- Creating new and/or supporting existing programs on campuses
- Creating new and/or existing events for Single Mother Students
GrantWatch ID#: 164313
The number of awards dependent on the funds available and quality of applications.
$1,000 - $5,000
Project implementation will be from June 1, 2018 through May 30, 2019.
All public college and university campus recruitment/advisement offices that work with non-traditional programs for students who are single mothers are encouraged to apply.
Capital campaigns and scholarships are not funded.
A technical assistance Zoom meeting will be held on Thursday, December 14, 2017.
Participants may join in person, on the phone, or by video. Contact Dr. Debbie Blanke for more information (see Contact Information below).
- Technical assistance Zoom meeting: Thursday, December 14, 2017
- Application Deadline: Friday, January 19, 2018
- Notice of Grant Awards: On or before April 13, 2018
- Term of Grant Implementation: June 1, 2018 through May 30, 2019 (one full academic year)
- Final Evaluation Report with Statistics: June 3, 2019
- Required Grant Representative(s) Convening: September 12, 2019
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
Susie Graves, WFO Director
For more information about the technical assistance Zoom meeting, contact Dr. Debbie Blanke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2932 N.W. 122nd, Suite D
Oklahoma City, OK 73120
PO Box 21210
Oklahoma City, OK 73156