New Brunswick Arts Board (artsnb)
11/15/17 Postmarked (supporting material)
Grants of up to $2,500 to New Brunswick emerging artists to acquire tools and equipment that will strengthen their long-term capacity to create work. Funds may be used for artistic equipment, technical equipment, software or necessary peripherals, or capital improvements to enhance an artist’s studio, rehearsal, production or presentation space.
GrantWatch ID#: 164327
Up to $2,500
Purchase of equipment or tools must be completed within 12 months of the grant start date.
An applicant is eligible to apply for an Arts Infrastructure Grant for Emerging Artists when he or she:
- Meets the definition of an emerging professional artist as set out by artsnb and the criteria for the discipline in which they apply; or
- Has resided in New Brunswick for at least one year immediately preceding the deadline dateand;
- Presents a request which meets the criteria of the program.
- Demonstrate a record of artistic achievement and quality of work;
- Propose a project for which the acquisition or capital improvement is required
- Demonstrate a rationale for proposed acquisition(s) or capital improvements including identification of specific costs, tools and materials required and how it will impact your creative development for the creation of future work
Definition of an Emerging Professional Artist:
Emerging professional artists are those who are: (a) at an early stage of their career (no more than 5 years as an emerging professional artist), (b) created a modest independent body of work since completing their studies and/or specialized training, (c) made a locally recognized history of public presentation of their work in a professional context (ex. exhibition, publications, performances, screenings) and (d) demonstrate they are committed to devoting more time to the artistic activities in their community.
- Artists who are not emerging or newly-arrived immigrants to Canada (i.e. who have been professional artists or immigrants to NB for more than 5 years) are not eligible for funding under this program.
- Students still attending an educational institution on a full-time basis are not eligible.
- Artists who have an outstanding final report and who have exceeded the prescribed time limit are ineligible for any other artsnb grants until this final report is submitted and approved.
- An artist may only receive one Arts Infrastructure Grant in his/her career.
- Artist may not propose a project that has already started. The acquisition is intended to provide the capacity for the Artist to complete the proposed project.
Funds may not be used for:
- Consumable art supplies (e.g. canvasses, clay, paint, etc.) used in association with ongoing
artistic practice or for creation of a specific project.
- Routine rent or overhead expenses for artist’s housing, office, studio or retail space.
- Artistic or administrative salaries, stipends or performance fees.
- Real estate purchase, including mortgage payments.
- Personal debt repayments.
- Paying off acquisitions bought before the date that the application was submitted.
Deadline: November 15
If this date falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, the deadline moves to the next business day. Your completed application and all support material must be postmarked on or before the deadline date.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application: http://artsnb.ca/oa/
Sarah Beth Shiplett, Program Officer
225 King Street,
Fredericton, NB E3B 1E1
Tel.: (506) 444-4444
Toll free in NB: 1-866-460-ARTS (2787)
Fax: (506) 444-5543
Canada: New Brunswick