Foundation / Corporation
United Way of Racine County
Grants to Racine County, Wisconsin youth groups (up to age 21) from schools, classrooms, clubs, religious communities, community organizations, and service groups for youth-led community service projects. Eligible expenses included project costs, reflection costs, and recognition costs. Grants are intended to promote and empower youth as community contributors.
YAR grants are awarded to projects that:
- Are planned, led, and implemented by youth with adults serving as advisors
- Address a community need or problem clearly and creatively
- Can be started and finished by the same group of youth in a reasonable amount of time
- Have solid, well-organized plans and a realistic, cost-effective budget
- Create and utilize networks within the community through the donation of services, talents and materials
- Publicize the positive work being done by youth to improve Racine County
- Include reflection activities that help youth gain insight into how they can make the world a better place
The purpose and function of Youth as Resources is to:
- Provide funding for supplies needed to complete youth-led community service projects
- Promote youth as capable community contributors who have valuable ideas and are able to take on responsibilities with energy and skill
- Empower youth to develop and apply their capacity to transform themselves and the world in which they live through active participation in the relationships, events and institutions that impact their lives
- Foster youth/adult partnerships where adults play a significant role as respectful partners and where both youth and adults share power and decision making
- Promote the direct involvement of youth in their communities as productive workers, as change agents, and as advocates for themselves and others in organizations and institutions throughout the community
- Promote in youth the development and acquisition of new knowledge and skills by providing support and challenging opportunities.
GrantWatch ID#: 164529
Up to and including $1,000
Any group of youth (up to age 21) from community organizations, religious communities, schools, classrooms, clubs, service groups, and other nonprofit organizations may apply for a YAR grant.
Each project must have a sponsoring organization. See the link below for details on sponsoring organization requirements.
YAR grants cannot be used to cover:
- Overhead costs (rent/mortgage payment, electric bills, etc.)
- Salaries, wages, stipends, or honorariums
- Direct donations to other organizations
- Capital items (computers, power tools, etc.)
- Items purchased prior to receiving notification of a YAR grant award for this project
- Items or supplies that will result in a profit for your group or other groups
For more details on eligibility, see https://www.unitedwayracine.org/yar-apply.
- February 1, 2019
- Eligible applicants must present their project proposal to the YAR board. Presentations will take place at Karcher Middle School in Burlington on February 13.
- Time: TBD
- Funds will be available on February 28.
- April 1, 2019
- Eligible applicants must present their project proposal to the YAR board. Presentations will take place at Karcher Middle School in Burlington on April 10.
- Time: TBD
- Funds will be available on April 28.
Youth groups are encouraged to attend a Youth As Resources (YAR) informational session. See the link in Contact Information to set up a meeting.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Wisconsin: Racine County