Foundation / Corporation
Grants to New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Connecticut nonprofit organizations in the Funding Source's service area for activities that will make a positive difference for local residents. Priority is given to programs that focus on the health and well-being of youth and the promotion and advancement of clean energy and related technologies.
GrantWatch ID#: 164534
Eversource awards grants to qualified nonprofits in its service area. To look up eligible cities or town, view the link in Grant Coverage Areas below.
Eversource does not make grants to the following:
- Personal expenses related to events, conferences, travel, etc.
- Corporations that do not qualify as charitable organizations as defined by the IRS Code
- Projects benefiting limited groups (religious, fraternal, political)
- Private foundations or endowments
- Reducing or eliminating a pre-existing debt
- Golf outings
- Organizations located outside the areas we serve and whose services do not benefit our customers
- Generally speaking, grants are not provided to organizations that receive direct support from United Way or other federated funds as we support these umbrella agencies through our direct giving and employee giving campaigns.
There is a limit of one grant per organization in a 12-month period, with limited renewal of between 3 to 5 years maximum.
All online grant requests submitted after November 15 will be reviewed and considered for funding the following calendar year.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
Customer Service: 800-286-2000
Email form (under email tab):
107 Selden Street
Berlin, CT 06037
USA: Connecticut; Massachusetts; New Hampshire