Grants of up to $1,000 to Saskatchewan member Cities, rural municipalities, First Nation communities, provincial recreation associations, tribal councils, Métis Regions and regional/urban park authorities for recreation programs or events that target the diverse populations.
For the purposes of this grant, diverse population will be defined as: New Canadians, First Nations, Métis and cultural minorities.
Member Towns, Villages, sport, culture and recreation districts may also apply.
Examples of funded opportunities:
• Cultural swim for women of a cultural minority
• Introduction of sport or physical activity basic skills in different languages
• Soccer games for all ages and families i.e. kids 7-10, teens 13-17, adults 18+
• Recreation/sports ‘Blast Day’ with cricket, rugby, soccer, basketball, cultural recreation games
• Money could be used to put towards developing posters in different languages, so the identified diverse population feels welcome to join a recreation program (or other communications)
• Recreation events or activities that share cultural exchanges
• Cultural day events or programming
• Swim program that teaches water safety and basic swim strokes
a) Capital expenditures, assistance for the construction, renovation or repair of capital facility projects such as arenas, pools, parks, athletic fields, trails, buildings, grounds, etc.
b) There will be no duplication of funding for opportunities currently funded through the Saskatchewan Lotteries Trust Fund
c) Food related expenditures – food expenses for banquets, dinners, fundraising and celebrations
d) Subsidization of wages for employees
e) Property taxes, insurance
f) Alcoholic beverages
g) Cash prizes
h) Uniforms, or personal items such as hats
Estimated Size of Grant:
All funds must be used within 12 months of the application deadline.
John Firnesz, Program Manager
SPRA Community Cultural Diversity Inclusion Grant
100-1445 Park Street