GrantRegions Object ( [regions] => Array ( ) [is_initialized] => [error_messages] => Array ( ) [qm] => QueryManager Object ( [is_debug] => [conn] => mysqli Object ( [affected_rows] => 0 [client_info] => mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 3591daad22de08524295e1bd073aceeff11e6579 $ [client_version] => 50012 [connect_errno] => 0 [connect_error] => [errno] => 0 [error] => [error_list] => Array ( ) [field_count] => 2 [host_info] => 172.16.38.157 via TCP/IP [info] => [insert_id] => 0 [server_info] => 5.5.5-10.5.18-MariaDB [server_version] => 100518 [stat] => Uptime: 3360812 Threads: 256 Questions: 567431767 Slow queries: 1318 Opens: 126191 Open tables: 2378 Queries per second avg: 168.837 [sqlstate] => 00000 [protocol_version] => 10 [thread_id] => 92882537 [warning_count] => 0 ) ) [has_regions] => 1 [state_names] => Array (  => Maryland; ) [province_names] => Array ( ) [country_names] => Array ( ) [is_israel] => [territories] => Array ( ) [free_associations] => Array ( ) )
Grants of up to $15,000 to Maryland nonprofits, agencies, schools, hospitals, IHEs, and businesses to determine the practicality of transitioning to wood energy conversion systems. Eligible applicants are those Maryland properties that lack access to natural gas. Wood energy systems must use locally-sourced low emissions wood fuels.
MEA will evaluate applications competitively based on the following criteria, which are divided into three categories:
Category I - Proposed Feasibility Study:
• Extent of engineering firm’s experience with similar feasibility studies and wood energy conversion projects;
• Cost of feasibility study relative to its scope of work;
• Cost share - MEA requires the applicant to provide at least 25% of the cost of the study; however, a greater applicant cost share will be looked upon favorably by the evaluation committee.
Category II - Likelihood that a future project will arise as a result of the Study:
• While not required, if the results of a recent (within two years) energy audit informed the decision to consider a wood energy conversion system, this may cause MEA to look more favorably upon the application;
• Evidence of a potential future wood energy project’s ability to obtain financing in the form of a letter of intent to self-finance, including supporting financial documents or in the form of a letter of intent to provide financing from a financial partner;
• Evidence of commitment to a potential wood energy project in the form of a letter of support to conduct a feasibility study from a representative with authority to act on behalf of the organization;
• Plan or strategy for moving a potential project forward, should the study return positive results;
• Extent to which the applicant has engaged with a potential project developer(s);
• Potential source(s) of feedstock identified, by type and by location; and
• Space for feedstock storage identified.
Category III - Diversity of Awards:
• Geographic diversity; and
• Industry sector diversity.
Estimated Total Program Funding:
Estimated Size of Grant:
- Grant Agreement Execution Deadline – May 15, 2016.
- Feasibility Study Completion and Completion Package Submittal Deadline – May 15, 2017.