Municipality of Anchorage Arts Advisory Commission
12/04/17 5:00 PM
Grants to Anchorage, Alaska nonprofit organizations that provide opportunities to experience the arts. Eligible artistic disciplines include the performing arts, literary arts, and visual arts. Emphasis is placed in presentations and performances that reflect the diversity of the local community. Additionally, the Municipality of Anchorage values organizations that promote programs and bring in audiences.
GrantWatch ID#: 164686
The Arts Advisory Commission will not recommend for any group a funding level in excess of 15% of the Municipality's arts grants funds or a funding level in excess of 15% of the organization's annual operating budget.
Grants are made to presenters, producers, and community-based arts organizations that are 501(c)(3) nonprofits and that offer visual art, theater, dance, music, and literary arts in Anchorage, Alaska.
General eligibility criteria:
1. Only community arts organizations within the Municipality of Anchorage are eligible for funding. Specifically, an eligible organization is one whose primary purpose is to produce arts events, projects, and services within the Municipality of Anchorage. An eligible organization must have a physical office in the Municipality of Anchorage.
2. The organization must have articles of incorporation and by-laws filed with the State of Alaska or be a recognized chapter of a national organization.
3. The organization must provide proof of IRS nonprofit status.
4. The organization must have an Anchorage-based volunteer board of directors comprised of at least five members.
1. The Arts Advisory Commission will not recommend for any group a funding level in excess of 15% of the Municipality's arts grants funds or a funding level in excess of 15% of the organization's annual operating budget.
2. The Commission will not recommend funding for the following:
a. Organizations incorporated for less than one year;
b. Expenses or obligations incurred by the organization before January 1, 2018;
c. Construction and/or purchase of real property; or
d. Purchase of automobiles, vans, buses, or similar transportation equipment.
Public school-based programs will not be funded.
The application deadline is December 4, 2017, 5:00 PM. Applications must be submitted using the online grant system.
Priority is given to organizations that can demonstrate leverage of municipal funding.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply Online: https://moa_onlineforms.formstack.com/forms/artcommission
Special Assistant to the Mayor
Municipality of Anchorage
632 West 6th Avenue, Ste. 840
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
Nonprofit organizations in the Municipality of Anchorage may apply.
USA: Alaska: Anchorage