All USA USA Territories: American Samoa (USA); Guam (USA); Puerto Rico (USA); Virgin Islands (USA); Northern Mariana Islands (USA); USA Compact Free Associations:The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA) Canada:Alberta; British Columbia; Manitoba; New Brunswick; Newfoundland and Labrador; Northwest Territories; Nova Scotia; Nunavut; Ontario; Prince Edward Island; Quebec; Saskatchewan; Yukon; International
Fellowships to USA, Canada, and International university professors to conduct research, teach courses, lead seminars, and establish academic connections with faculty members at a university in Israel. The exact breakdown of activities funded by the fellowship will be mutually agreed upon by the professor and the academic sponsor. The post-doctoral training will take place at the Hebrew University and candidates must be sponsored by a faculty member.
For Visiting Professors:
1. You must have an academic sponsor.
2. You must be a Full or an Associate professor.
3. Visiting Professorships are only awarded to candidates who apply from Universities outside of Israel.
4. Visiting Professors who have been awarded a Fellowship in the past may reapply for another providing at least 3 academic years have elapsed between applications. In other words, a Visiting Professor, who has been awarded a Fellowship for 2020-21, for example, may apply again for the academic year 2024-25.
The Hebrew University does not offer Fellowships to students studying for a Masters Degree Program.
Visiting Professorships Deadline: November 30th, 2023.
Academic Sponsors: In the case of Visiting Professors, the Trust will submit a request to the sponsor for the payment of the 20% mentioned. Prospective candidates must establish contact with the relevant Faculty or Department at the Hebrew University, and ensure that there is a Faculty member willing to sponsor the application. Applications will not be processed without a sponsor.
Fellowships may not be deferred from one year to the next.
(1) The Trust will pay for a roundtrip flight from the fellow's country of origin to Israel and back again. Full details regarding the repayment of the flight will be included in the letter of appointment sent to the Fellow. Family members accompanying a Fellow will not be eligible for reimbursement of their flight expenses.
(2) Half of the medical insurance if purchased & paid for in Israel. In any case the Trust will not pay for insurance that exceeds the standard package paid for by a normally healthy person.
Term of Contract
Visiting Professors are expected to take up the Fellowship within the period of the Academic year for which they have applied - in other words, between the 1st of October and the 30th of September in the following year providing the period they have chosen is acceptable to their sponsor. The fellowship is for 2 or 3 months.