Grants to Alberta businesses and sole proprietors for scale-up, pilot, pre-commercial and commercial processing activities, biomass conversion and characterization, and/or biomass characterization with direct application to the bioindustrial sector. The program will also increase sustainability by promoting use of Alberta's renewable resources.
Funding will be given in these three priority areas:
- Discovery and developmental research
- Testing and commercialization
- Equipment utilization
- Enhance the value of Alberta’s renewable and sustainable biomass resources by generating discoveries and innovations that translate into new and/or improved competitive products and technologies for the Canadian and international marketplace.
- Attract greater investment in bioindustrial products and bioindustrial technology development and commercialization.
- Enhance Alberta’s reputation as a bioindustrial innovation hub.
- Growth in revenue, jobs generated from Alberta-based companies producing new or enhanced biomaterials/bioproducts.
- Growth in international investment in Alberta-based companies producing new or enhanced biomaterials/bioproducts.
- Accelerate development and commercialization of new and improved bioindustrial products and bioindustrial technologies by research organizations and industry.
- Increased coordination and integration of organizations working to enhance bioindustrial products in Alberta.
- Increased ability of Alberta companies to access appropriate equipment, infrastructure and knowledge in Alberta to advance their bioindustrial innovations.
Estimated Size of Grant:
The project must be completed within 12 months.
Steve Price, Executive Director, Bioindustrial Innovation
Christine Murray, Director, Agricultural Technologies
Pat Guidera, Director, Forest Technologies
Alberta Innovates Bio Solutions
18th Floor, Phipps McKinnon Building
10020 - 101A Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5J 3G2
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates / changes / addendums / conferences / LOIs.