Grants of up to $2,000 to Nova Scotia teachers in the South Shore region to take a course for professional development. Professional development is self-directed teacher-initiated continued renewal of personal knowledge and expertise that leads to improved professional competence in support of student learning and achievement.
The following expenses are eligible on a pro-rated basis:
- Tuition fees for university credit courses
--The maximum amount claimable for a half credit course is $1,000.
--The maximum amount claimable for a full credit course is $2,000.
- Registration fees for Yoga Teacher Training (200 hours) is recognized as one full credit course.
- Registration fees for the Summer French Immersion Program at Universite Sainte-Anne.
- Registration fees for NSELC programs (i.e. NSILA, Aspiring Leaders).
- Registration fees for non-credit courses pre-approved by the Committee.
- Course materials
- Required textbooks (not including shipping fees)
- Photocopying/printing fees charged by the institution
- Information technology fees charged by the institution
- Distance education fees charged by the institution
- Student fees charged by the institution.
Estimated Size of Grant:
For courses completed between August 1st, 2015 and December 31st, 2015.
Jeff DeWolfe, Director of Programs and Student Services
South Shore Regional School Board Office
69 Wentzell Drive
Bridgewater, NS, B4V 0A2