Ogden City Arts (OCA)
03/15/18 5:00 PM
Grants to Ogden, Utah nonprofits, organizations, and individuals to support local arts projects and programming. Funding may be requested by established arts organizations for general operating support. Funding is also available to organizations and individuals for specific projects in the arts.
The Ogden Cit Arts Grant Program, funded through an annual appropriation from Ogden City, makes direct grants to individuals and organizations that contribute to the cultural life of the local community. Ogden City Arts Grants support projects in every art form, for both well-established institutions, emerging artists, and arts projects.
Grants are made in two areas: General Support Grants and Project Support Grants.
Applicants may only apply for one General Support Grant, or up to two Project Support Grants. General Support and Project Support Grants will not be awarded to the same recipient. You must apply in only one category.
General Support Grants offer general, non-project support to Ogden City’s established arts organizations which have developed a broad range of programming and have contributed extensively to the cultural life of the city. General Support grants are made available to assist arts organizations with general operating expenses and the continuation or expansion of arts programming for the people of Ogden.
Project Support Grants are available to individuals and organizations for specific arts projects and programs that have been determined to be of value to the community. Exhibits, concerts, performances, festivals, shows, workshops, and readings are among projects eligible for funding.
The following criteria are considered during the review and approval process for both categories:
1. Quality of the mission and objectives for the organization or project.
2. The applicant’s history and ability to administer and implement the programs or project.
3. The artistic quality of programs, services or projects offered.
4. Number of people served through the programs or project.
5. Number of artists participating in programs or project.
6. Community involvement and collaboration efforts. Demonstration of professional community relations and support for artists and the arts community.
7. Programs and services free or open to the public and not restricted to members only. Access for underserved populations and/or community outreach.
8. Ability to form and execute an effective marketing plan.
9. Ability to identify and use assessment tools to evaluate the programs or project.
10. Demonstrate an overall benefit to the citizens of Ogden.
11. Organizational or Project match to the goals and objectives outlined in the Ogden City Master Plan for Arts and Culture
12. A realistic budget and projected income that reflects cash and in-kind match from a broad range of sources. Determination to present professional quality arts experiences as evidenced by paid performers, fair honoraria to artists, staff, etc.
13. Completeness and clarity of application.
GrantWatch ID#: 164943
Applicants for General Support are limited to requests of no more than 15% of their preceding year’s operating budget.
All grants are made available on a yearly basis, and new applications must be submitted each year.
As verification of tax exemption, General Support applicants must submit with their application a copy of their Internal Revenue Service letter granting 501(c)(3) federal tax exempt status.
Project Support grants do not require an IRS 501(c)(3) federal tax exempt letter. Project Support Grants are available to individuals and organizations.
If the applicant organization is not separately incorporated and uses the nonprofit status of another organization as its “umbrella”, a statement must be submitted with your application identifying the organization from which nonprofit eligibility is derived.
In order to be eligible for a General Support Grant, the applicant must:
-Be a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) tax-exempt arts organization for at least three years, whose primary purpose is arts programming, support, or services.
-Be based in Ogden City and benefit Ogden residents.
-Applicants for General Support must include in their application the organization’s total estimated current fiscal year budget, showing revenue and expenditures anticipated.
-Applicant must submit copy of IRS tax-exemption letter with application.
In order to be eligible for a Project Support Grant, the applicant must:
-Request support only for arts projects, or projects that incorporate arts into their activities.
-Projects must be based in Ogden City and support Ogden residents.
Ogden City Arts cannot fund:
1. Projects that do not demonstrate a broad base of funding from sources other than OCA.
2. Projects completed prior to application date.
3. Projects that take place outside of Ogden city.
A grant writing workshop will be held on February 1st, 2018, 11:00 AM at WSU Downtown, 2314 Washington Blvd, for anyone with questions about the application process.
Grants in both categories must be funded on at least (1:1) matching basis. Matching funds may be anticipated at time of application but must be received and obligated by the ending date of the grant as indicated in the application. In-kind services and goods may be used as a portion of the matching funds. Both Cash and In-kind support are recommended.
All applicants, but especially first-time applicants, are invited and encouraged to contact the Arts Coordinator with any questions that may arise.
Applications are due by 5:00 PM on March 15, 2018.
Project Support Grants:
General Support Grants:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Lorie Buckley, Arts Coordinator
Ogden City Arts
2549 Washington Blvd, Suite 915
Ogden, UT 84401
USA: Utah: Ogden City