Grants to North Carolina nonprofit organizations for projects and programs to address the needs of local children, with a focus on underserved populations. Priority is given to organizations that provide direct services in the focus areas of education and health, or that promote and strengthen youth hockey.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
To receive grant funding from the Carolina Hurricanes Foundation, organizations must:
- Be a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service
- Share the mission of the Carolina Hurricanes Foundation to strive to meet the health and education needs of children with a focus in impacting underserved populations, and/or to strengthen youth hockey in the community
- Directly serve children in the state of North Carolina with a focus on health or education
- Be in operation for three or more years
- Must be available for site visits, provide use of funds summary reports and recognize the Carolina Hurricanes Foundation as a donor
The Carolina Hurricanes Foundation's grant funding does not generally support the following:
- Event sponsorship or fundraisers, including but not limited to galas, awareness walks, and golf tournaments
- General operating costs, staff salaries, capital campaigns, endowments, or other reserve funds
- PTA's, booster clubs, churches, or political organizations
Application closes May 24 at noon.
Groups that do not receive funding are encouraged to apply again next year.