Foundation / Corporation
Brunswick Electric Membership Corporation (BEMC)
Grants of up to $2,500 to North Carolina nonprofits for activities that improve the quality of life in Columbus and Brunswick Counties and eligible areas of Robeson and Bladen Counties. Focus areas include family services, arts and culture, economic development, emergency services, and civic and community programs.
Projects must be clearly defined and show clear and solid benefits to the BEMC service area. Grant applicants must be directly involved in the project.
Specifically, areas for consideration include, but are not limited to:
- Family Service Programs – to benefit families, children and/or the elderly
- Civic and Community Programs – to provide recreational, historic, educational, environmental or technology programs or special events for the public
- Cultural and Arts Programs – to provide education or exhibition of the arts in the community
- Emergency Services – to provide or enhance services of police, fire, EMS services and especially for natural disasters
- Development – activities contributing to the economic health of the community
GrantWatch ID#: 165134
Up to $2,500.
Grant funds are generally expected to be expended within one year, without expectation of further support.
Applicants should have an active Board of Directors or Management with demonstrated competency in sound financial management and/or qualify as a Tax-Exempt 501(c)3 organization.
Not Funded: political or religious activities, payment of utility bills, coverage of operating expenses, debt retirement, loans or investments, or for projects or programs that already have funds allocated by governments or municipalities.
Grants will not be made to organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, marital status or handicap; or to organizations or programs that might in any way pose a conflict with the goals, programs or employees of BEMC.
Applicants may apply starting in December each year through February 15 of the following year. Grants are awarded in March/April.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For technical assistance, use the following contact form:
PO Box 826
Shallotte, NC 28459
USA: North Carolina: Brunswick and Columbus Counties and parts of Bladen and Robeson Counties