Foundation / Corporation
AstraZeneca HealthCare Foundation
02/28/18 5:00 PM EST
Grants to USA and Territories nonprofit organizations, government agencies, public schools, and municipal institutions for community-based programs providing innovative approaches to improving cardiovascular health.
Eligible programs are those that meet the following five key criteria:
1. Address patient cardiovascular health issues within the United States and its territories.
2. Recognize and work to address an unmet need related to cardiovascular health in the community.
3. Respond to the urgency around addressing cardiovascular health issues, including cardiovascular disease or conditions contributing to cardiovascular disease.
4. Improve the quality of participants’ and non-professional caregivers’ lives in connection with the services provided and work done.
5. Demonstrate a clear plan for long-term program sustainability, to further improve cardiovascular health after Foundation grants are expended.
Foundation grant applications that meet the criteria and describe innovative initiatives with clearly defined outcomes, measurable results and processes will be considered for funding. Specifically, programs should be designed to track at least 100 unduplicated participants and demonstrate measurement outcomes by mid-year (May 2019) and year-end (December 2019).
The AstraZeneca HealthCare Foundation has two levels of grant funding to support program operations:
- Organizations with New or Existing Programs with 0-1 Year of CCH Funding (Level 1): Organizations that have not received CCH funding in the past and organizations that have received one year of CCH funding may apply for funding between $125,000 and $150,000. Organizations that received one year of CCH funding must apply with their previously CCH-funded program to be considered.
- Previously-Funded Organizations with 2+ Years of CCH Funding for Established Programs (Level 2): Previously-funded organizations that received two or more years of CCH funding may apply for up to $75,000 to sustain a previously CCH-funded program.
The Foundation preference is to support new organizations with innovative programs to expand the reach of the Connections for Cardiovascular HealthSM program. In addition, the Foundation maintains our commitment to support sustainability by providing reduced
funding to support a limited number of previously-funded organizations with programs that demonstrate positive outcomes.
GrantWatch ID#: 165178
- Organizations with new or existing programs with 0-1 year of CCH funding may apply for funding between $125,000 and $150,000.
- Previously-funded organizations that received two or more years of CCH funding may apply for up to $75,000 to sustain a previously CCH-funded program.
The Foundation will only accept single-year applications. Grant activities, including planning, are expected to begin as soon as the funds are released. The funds are to be spent based on the budget submitted with the application, and programs are expected to be completed by December the following year.
The organization and its program must be based in the United States and its
- The Foundation provides grants to organizations that are:
- Nonprofits with a 501(c) designation. (Organizations that have a 509(a)(3) designation are ineligible for funding.)
- Public schools
- Municipal institutions (e.g., city health department, municipal hospital or
county board of health).
The organization should be engaged in charitable work at the community level in the United States in support of the Foundation’s CCH program mission.
The AstraZeneca HealthCare Foundation does consider programs where multiple organizations are working together toward a common goal on a joint program. The applying organization should be both the fiscal agent and the managing partner for the duration of the grant.
Programs should be designed with funding for equipment less than 30% of the total budget for equipment that is integral to the specific program design and not for equipment that might support other ongoing, routine programs run by the organization. Equipment costs over 30% of the total funding request will not be considered. Incidental equipment and costs necessary to complete or sustain a project are allowed.
The Foundation does not fund programs that focus exclusively on the following:
- Capital investments and unsolicited capital campaigns
- Media/awareness campaigns
- Hospital software systems, hospital in-patient programs or enhancement of existing hospital services
- Professional education and/or training for healthcare professionals that is more than incidental to the program
- Research or clinical trials
- Healthcare provider/cardiologist salaries
- Faith-based programs that are not open to the community-at-large.
The Foundation does not support:
- Cardiovascular initiatives outside the United States or its territories
- For-profit organizations
- Journals or advertising
- Political causes, lobbying, fraternal or social organizations
- Religious organizations whose activities are not open to the general public
- Nonprofit organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, marital status, military service, veteran status or disability.
The Foundation will not fund vehicle purchases nor costs over 10% in the budget category “Other."
Key Dates and Deadlines:
- February 5-28, 2018: Online open call for applications
- February 28, 2018, 5:00 PM ET 2018: online application closes (all applications must be submitted prior to this date and time)
- June – August 2018: Initial decline notices sent to applicants not selected for 2018 CCH funding
- October 2018: 2018 Foundation Grant Awardees notified and remaining applicants not selected for 2018 CCH funding notified
- February 2019: 2018 Grant Awardees publicly announced
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
The best way to contact the Foundation is to email your specific question(s) to the Foundation at:
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)