Foundation / Corporation
CommunityGiving - Brainerd Lakes Area Community Foundation
Grants to Minnesota nonprofits, schools, and agencies in Crow Wing and southern Cass Counties for programs to create and maintain a quality workforce. Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to contact program staff to check programmatic fit.
Two categories of funding are available:
- Small grant: $5,000 to $15,000
- "Difference Maker" Grant: $15,000 to $30,000 (By invitation only)
The Brainerd Lakes Area Community Foundation (BLACF) supports specific community initiatives through a variety of grants. BLACF seeks to make smaller grants for general operations and programs to address changing community needs. BLACF also seeks to make significant grants that will be the "Difference Maker” in bringing about community-wide, lasting, and positive changes in the Brainerd Lakes area. BLACF is looking to provide leadership and financial support that goes beyond the grant in order to advance the project or initiative that needs a large dollar amount to get started or completed.
The current program area is Workforce Development, projects that help develop, attract, and retain a quality workforce for the Brainerd Lakes Area, now and in the future.
- Develop: projects that help build foundational, technical, and soft skills that prepare young people for our future workforce. Projects that help students with challenges to become productive members of our community are preferred.
- Attract: projects that support efforts to draw people to the Brainerd Lakes Area to join our community and workforce.
- Retain: projects that welcome newcomers to the community. Projects that create social connections, create an open/welcoming community, and address aesthetics and improve the quality of life through art and active recreational opportunities.
- Are likely to make a clear difference In the quality of life or a substantial number of people
- Propose practical approaches to resolve current community problems
- Address diversity and positive change in a constructive manner
- Help nonprofit organizations manage themselves and their finances more effectively
- Focus on prevention
- Encourage cooperation and eliminate duplication of services
- Stimulate others to participate in problem-solving
- Promote leverage for generating additional funds
GrantWatch ID#: 165264
Small grant: $5,000 - $15,000
"Difference Maker" grant: $15,000 - $30,000
Eligible organizations: 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations, schools or government entities.
Geographic Area: Crow Wing and southern Cass Counties in Minnesota.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Political organizations or political campaigns
- Annual fundraising drives
- Debt retirement or deficit financing
- Projects or portions of projects that have already been completed
- Scholarships or medical research
- Grants for travel or conferences
Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to contact Karl Samp at 218-824-5633 or email@example.com to see about programmatic fit with current BLACF priorities.
For question about the online Grant Management System please call Jeanne at (320) 257-9715.
Online Application Open: November 15, 2017
Deadline: Midnight January 15, 2018
Decisions will be made within 100 days of the deadline
Organizations may only submit one grant application per year per grant round. All notification about this grant will be through emails. Payout of grants will be upon recipient of electronically signed Grant Agreement.
How to apply: http://www.communitygiving.org/grants-landing-page
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/Common/LogOn.aspx?eqs=fiaADTHDZeZKgNAWUHsfC52w9Zqh4tI60
101 7th Avenue South #100
Saint Cloud, MN 56301
For questions about the online Grant Management System, call Jeanne at (320) 257-9715.
USA: Minnesota: Crow Wing and Southern Cass Counties