Grants to Pennsylvania farms in eligible regions for projects that improve animal welfare. Funding is intended to raise the standards of the local foodshed. Eligible applicants are farms that raise livestock for food and market it directly to customers. Applicants must serve Southwestern Pennsylvania or be located within 100 miles of Pittsburgh.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
Farm Eligibility Requirements:
1) The farm is an independent, for-profit business
2) The farm serves Southwestern PA or is located within 100 miles of Pittsburgh, PA
3) Of the animals raised on the farm, most are raised for food marketed directly to consumers
Funds will not be given to proposals that:
- Fund already completed projects
- Pay for animal feed or more livestock
- Impact one animal
- Cover the cost of items that are not directly related to the animal welfare of current livestock
The project should not result in a significant increase in the value of the farm property (e.g.., large outbuildings).
Project proposals will be accepted until Sunday, May 15 at 11:59 pm.
The Ethical Farming Fund reserves the right to select finalists, with the final decision to be put to a public vote, with one vote per person. The Ethical Farming Fund reserves the right to reject a proposal or withdraw eligibility for any reason.